Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: surreak art

Default Re: surreak art

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I think it's a good effort and don't give up on Xara! Try experimenting with shading to give your image some depth. Here is an example using a marble column and a sphere. I've included a .xar file you can pull apart and see how the layers are done. It's rough and put together quite quickly but it should give you the idea.

Good use of marble fill, 3d and shadow effects and as usual, great standards.
    I'm not giving up on Xara, I just want to broaden my horizons and extending my range a bit. Xara'll always be one of my favourite pieces of software after going beyond text art utilities.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I think it's a good effort and don't give up on Xara! Try experimenting with shading to give your image some depth.
    Frances is correct, don't give up on Xara. Something must have gone wrong.
    Maybe this will help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	marble showing trans.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	93495
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

It's a big mistake trying to master multiple graphics programs at once. Your "range" is not the number of graphics programs you can use, but your skill in creating art via whatever means. It's better to focus on your art and improve your ability with one program you can use well, than continue to learn to use lots of programs to a lower skill level.

Nobody wants someone who can use two programs badly, they want someone who produces good art.

If someone sees an illustration they don't ask if it was done using program X, they decide whether they like it or not on the merits of the work.

I would advise you to stick with Xara and continue to receive the positive feedback here rather than try and get to grips with two programs when you are at a very early stage in your development.

Hi SB, swopping around from program to program will really slow down your learning process. It is better to stick to one program and really learn it so that you can look at any other piece of artwork and instantly know how to recreate it. Xara is as good as the best; it is like learning to play an instrument. Once you know your instrument backwards and forwards you can then play any tune you hear be it out in the world or in your head. So what I am saying is in my opinion Xara is as good as you’ll get but with one superior advantage, everyone here at Talk Graphic giving free tuition and advice along with a platform to display your creations.
    Live long and prosper...

Each graphic type has it's advantages. Xara is an excellent vector program to learn. Take a little time to get to know it better.

Agreed gray.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.