Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Poppy seed head fakery

The two photos attached are a before and after. The original was a very boring photo of seed heads in a little vase seen on a window ledge. Light brown on lighter brown, not very exciting.
    After looking at it I decided to see what I could do to try and make it a little more interesting and the second shot is the result of messing about for half and hour.
    I don't think the result is particularly interesting as an image but the changes you can make with a bit of tinkering can be quite dramatic.
    Just a matter of looking for a subject that might yield better and more interesting results.
    Derek
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pops.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	93443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	poppry.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	93444  

Default Re: Poppy seed head fakery

I like what you have done with your "tinkering" Derek. Much improved photo.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

A masterful change which greatly emphasises the subject matter. You often achieve a painting like effect in your photographs. Do you paint as a hobby as well?
    TJB

Quote Originally Posted by spondoolix View Post
    A masterful change which greatly emphasises the subject matter. You often achieve a painting like effect in your photographs. Do you paint as a hobby as well?
    No I don't paint much more than the walls of my house, and then only to cover up the finger prints from the grandchildren. I started off doing painting at art school but moved to graphics and print making early on as it never really suited me. All that was around the time The Beatles split so you can see even the bit I did isn't a recent thing.
    Derek

Talent just oozes from your work.

Nice of you to say so. With this one I was just trying to make a fairly boring, flat photo a bit more interesting. I think it's only really interesting as a before and after comparison.

I don’t know Derek the after looks good on it’s own. It kind of tells a story of decay and neglect, very moody. If it was hung on a wall I would definitely stop and look. It’s a big 10-4 from me I love it...