Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Healthcare website with cms and shopping cart

This website sells mobility scooters and stairlifts etc. and was launched for a client a while ago but I just gave it a recent touch up for Christmas. In this website only two template pages are designed using the dynamic page tweak and exported from Xara directly into cms which provides the shopping cart functionality and allows the customer to update the main content themselves.

http://www.bolandhealthcare.ie/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	healthcare_website.png 
Views:	462 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	93425
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Default Re: Healthcare website with cms and shopping cart

Thanks Tom, or should I call you X? :

Check out your spelling - EXEMPT!

The image gallery is showing a stairlift title, even though it's showing mobility scooters as well as the stairlift!

Check out your spelling - EXEMPT!
    Not my spelling, most of the main text content and product text is entered by the client using the cms so there could be more mis-spellings.

The image gallery is showing a stairlift title, even though it's showing mobility scooters as well as the stairlift!
    Ah thanks, a recent change when I was duplicating the pages in the widget messed that up. And just when I thought I could move on, the client wants them sliding now aswell, so I have to re-do that along with some other changes. :/
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    Not my spelling, most of the main text content and product text is entered by the client using the cms so there could be more mis-spellings.
    Aha! That raises an interesting point - your name is there as website designer, so I guess you'll also be associated with bad copy - it's something that I hadn't really thought about before!

Yeah it's one of the pitfalls when clients update their own content. At least the cms restricts what they can edit so the overall design and layout remain intact. Sometimes it's hard seeing these mistakes on a website you've worked hard on but you just gotta let them get on with it and not get too attached to your work. Most aren't too bad, luckily enough.

Congratulations on your cms-solution. The site looks really good and it all seems to function well.

Did Xara ever comment on your product extension?

Thanks. I think Covoxer commented on it before, he made the dynamic page tweak that's used to extend the pages based on content length.

Hi,

Does any one know how to make the slider images go from left to right on this site below made with Xara?

http://www.bolandhealthcare.ie/

Thanks,
    Jay

That uses the nivo slider from the Design Gallery. If you edit the widget you can change the transition effect to slide in from left or right just by entering the number of the effect you want to use.