Hi Adam, Thanks for this information! And Welcome to Talkgraphics ! Your post was there, it went into moderation because new users are not normally permitted to post links, and Gary must have missed that the post was moderated. I have approved the post so everyone can now see it

What I did was to install the plug in into a folder on my hard drive and point Xara to it

To do this, after running the Alien Skin custom install open your Xara program and open the options box (arrange> options) on the plug ins and effects tab click the set up button and in the plug in locations box that opens click add folder.

Browse to the location where you installed the plug in open the alien skin folder and select the Eye candy 7 folder, click OK

Click Ok in the plugins locations box (it's always a good idea to make sure host specific plugins is enabled first)

Click Ok on the main options box.

And yes I have encountered the same issues as Mike has mentioned. Best I can suggest is to lock the effects and keep them locked. If you are preparing graphics for Print you can set Xara to render live effects at any resolution ( I have mine set to render at 3oodpi) you can do this in the same plug ins and effects tab of the options just below the set up button set the default resolution for both default live effect and locked effect to your desired resolution (you can type any amount in these dropdown boxes)