Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Print Lab That Will Print Xara File Format

I have two Xara graphic files that students have created and am looking for a good photo lab that will print from the Xara file format. Can anyone please suggest one? We lose quality when converted to JPG.

Default Re: Print Lab That Will Print Xara File Format

I think most print shops want them in PDF file format.
    Get out and do something. Find a group and engage with other people @ MEETUP.COM

Xara exports to PDF. You could experiment with that :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Welcome to TalkGrapics

The more important question is how to you intend to print these images? And where, Kinkos? A commercial printer? A photo lab?

Quote Originally Posted by ElmoHorsenoodle View Post
    I have two Xara graphic files that students have created and am looking for a good photo lab that will print from the Xara file format. Can anyone please suggest one? We lose quality when converted to JPG.
    Your profile doesn't mention where you are located so making any sort of recommendation of where to have prints made is moot.

If I wanted to give a lab an image format, it would never be JPG but rather a TIFF. You shouldn't loose any quality with it unless, like other bitmap file formats, it is resized larger than its dimensions at 100% size.

Like InfoCentral wrote, I would be preparing a PDF instead. However, some pure photo labs do not accept anything other than bitmap file formats, so check around. I would always pick one that does accept PDFs over one that did not, though. All other things being roughly equal (like distance, turn-time, cost, etc.).

Take care, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Your profile doesn't mention where you are located so making any sort of recommendation of where to have prints made is moot.
    Hi Mike,
    The OPs IP indicates Ashland, United States.

Elmo etc. The balls in your court. Did we resolve your question or do you need to provide us with more information?