Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WHAT WOULD ANY FANTASY GAMERS MAKE OF....

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Some people just like to pass their negative comments onto others, SB. If you do graphic work you need to have a thick skin, sort through the comments and use the ones that help you improve, ignore the negative babble and just enjoy it.
    It was your idea for me to animate it.
    Getting the sword to burst into flames was the worst and hardest parts but I used the glow effect and feathering for the skulls' eyes.

APPLAUSE! I think you did a great job on the fire breathing dragon and sword effect.
    If you'd like to see a quick rendering of a sword I'd be glad to upload it and you can
    pick it apart to see how I achieved certain effects. (not animated) Here's a jpeg
    of the drawing.
    Keep in mind, there are artists on this forum that could do a much better job of
    this, but this will give you a little start.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sword.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	93436  
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by RonDuke View Post
    APPLAUSE! I think you did a great job on the fire breathing dragon and sword effect.
    If you'd like to see a quick rendering of a sword I'd be glad to upload it and you can
    pick it apart to see how I achieved certain effects. (not animated) Here's a jpeg
    of the drawing.
    Keep in mind, there are artists on this forum that could do a much better job of
    this, but this will give you a little start.
    Thanks for the compliment but getting the sword to reveal it's true purpose was the hardest.
    Nobody's bothered about the level of skill on here, just what we can do from the first few sessions experimenter to the pros.
    Great sword by the way.