Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

You really do flatter me man! Whatever I know I learned from you and everyone else here, I could not be anymore gratefull, I have grown so much as an artist and a person because of you guys, this place really is great!

Risto, Bob, Soquili, thanks a lot for the encouragement, there can never be too much of that! I'll have to thank my English teacher for "Captives", we had to do a project on Ernest Hemingway and I interpreted a few of his poems into images, all through Xara. And I really liked how this came out, so I decided to add it to my collection!

Gary, awesome job with everything, yet again

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

And how much did you pay for Sean's Filters?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Wonderful tut! I completed it last night and it came out great. It also came at a perfect time as I was working on something of my own on very similar lines, which brings up a question. I've been working on an image real close to the sphere in your tut only I wasn't using circles as the holes in the see through portion. My problem came when I tried to get the same image to appear through the holes to represent the inside of the back of the sphere. I just can't get the concave shape needed for the inside of a hollow sphere. Any ideas? Anyway, thanks again for a great tut. Also, how about talking young Steve into an indepth guest tutorial on something like his image of the Ninja motorcycle. I'd really like to learn how he gets his shapes so smooth and accurate. I just haven't been able to achieve the same on my own. I can't get the exact shapes I want when using the shape editor and when using the freehand tool it never comes out as perfectly shaped as I think is needed for this type of illustration work. Is it just practice or are there tricks I haven't learned yet?

Steve, you work is simply teriffic! The bike, jet ski, and the staircase are my favorites, but they all are equally as interesting. They're all beautifully done. Your eye for light and shadow is amazing.

and finally, Tony, thanks for part two. I'm working hard on mastering these two tuts. You have been so very helpful to me personally via email I can't thank you enough. I'm just an Old Dog trying to learn new tricks, and it's a slow process, but with your help it is coming along. Thanks again.

Jack

What can I say, you are an inspiration to us all. So young (can't believe how young you are!!). You can see the passion in your pieces. The design in all of them is wonderful. Eye catching colors, stunning effects. Realism, it's all there. My hats off to you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Pieces I was really drawn too:

Captives: Powerful and brought a tear to my eye.
    Lord of the Rings I: Powerful, stunning and beautiful to look at. (how did you achieve the swirling energy effect??)
    Silhouette: My friend LOVES tree frogs, this one is being sent to him. He will be SO impressed, I'll send him a link to your Featured page.
    Staircase: WOW!! Thats really good stuff there!!
    Ninja: I don't like the reworked version Steve.........it's..........Just kidding.....You do such wonderful work, how can you think for a moment that we wouldn't appreciate your efforts. Stop already, silly man!!!!
    Magma: Powerful and stunning (another secret I ask of you, how did you achieve the fine spewed effect?? The Line Tool?? Tutorial on these types of effects??)

Well I got to go to work now, but I am thankful that you were Featured Artist of the Month. You really desearve it.

A true fan and admirerer of your work. Keep it coming. 16 huh......?? Man O Man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Guess I did know what to say after all!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---