Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I welcome feedback about my software, especially requests for improvements because they give me something to aim for. I can't guarantee to match commercial products, but it's sometimes possible to get quite close with a little bit of additional effort.

Jens, if you send me a non-jpeg version of your original graphic I'll see if I can get closer to the performance of the KPT version, but no promises!

Regarding the emboss filter, I'm not sure what edge defects you're talking about. If you mean the colour fringes on the yellow 'spheres', that's the normal result of this type of embossing (i.e. happens in Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro etc.). I could easily get rid of it but then the filter wouldn't be standard, although I'll do it if everybody wants it to work that way. The alternative is to convert the image to greyscale either before or after embossing.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Many thanks to all for all the warm and kind comments about my tutorial. I found it quite terrifying to produce them (how do you cope Gary?) so the comments are doubly appreciated. Thanks again,
    Tony
    Tony

You're welcome Tony and thank you for two such incredible and well constructed tutorials.

I'm constantly amazed at the kindness and generousity that exists on the web and in the XaraXone specifically. The willingness to share with others is termendous.

We have here the Internatonal Brother and Sisterhood of Xara Users [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

What can I say, you are an inspiration to us all. So young (can't believe how young you are!!). You can see the passion in your pieces. The design in all of them is wonderful. Eye catching colors, stunning effects. Realism, it's all there. My hats off to you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Pieces I was really drawn too:

Captives: Powerful and brought a tear to my eye.
    Lord of the Rings I: Powerful, stunning and beautiful to look at. (how did you achieve the swirling energy effect??)
    Silhouette: My friend LOVES tree frogs, this one is being sent to him. He will be SO impressed, I'll send him a link to your Featured page.
    Staircase: WOW!! Thats really good stuff there!!
    Ninja: I don't like the reworked version Steve.........it's..........Just kidding.....You do such wonderful work, how can you think for a moment that we wouldn't appreciate your efforts. Stop already, silly man!!!!
    Magma: Powerful and stunning (another secret I ask of you, how did you achieve the fine spewed effect?? The Line Tool?? Tutorial on these types of effects??)

Well I got to go to work now, but I am thankful that you were Featured Artist of the Month. You really desearve it.

A true fan and admirerer of your work. Keep it coming. 16 huh......?? Man O Man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Guess I did know what to say after all!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---