Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What direction is Xara going?

One answer to the original question is that Xara is advancing on several fronts at once. It is no longer an illustration program but an all-rounder. Advancing on several fronts means that any effort has to be spread more thinly. One thing though, it does keep us guessing!
    Tony

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Quote Originally Posted by tekarts View Post
    Thanks Gary. I will do that.

I'm not Gary, I'm Frances!

And I think it's time for all of you to step back and take a deep breath. Tekart asked if anyone had any idea where Xara might be headed development wise and as I said Xara doesn't make this information public.

There are lots of ways that Xara could make the program better and yes development does cost money, as to what Xara will chose to develop for the next versions... We will all just have to wait and see.

In the mean time lets move on.
    Last edited by angelize; 30 November 2012 at 05:20 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post

And I think it's time for all of you to step back and take a deep breath. Tekart asked if anyone had any idea where Xara might be headed development wise and as I said Xara doesn't make this information public.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that, Frances, I think I answered the question posed at the beginning of this thread quite positively - several directions at once, keeping us (excitingly) guessing. Why would I want to stand back and take a deep breath?
    Tony

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The comment you made Tony, was indeed fine. Some of the participants in this thread were beginning to get a little heated (IMO) I made a decision to step in before it escalated.

If anyone has anything positive to add to this conversation that relates to the opening question then you are most welcome to participate
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm not Gary, I'm Frances!
    Oops, sorry Frances.

Breathing iiiiin, and ooooout!
    That's better.

The comment you made Tony, was indeed fine. Some of the participants in this thread were beginning to get a little heated (IMO) I made a decision to step in before it escalated.

If anyone has anything positive to add to this conversation that relates to the opening question then you are most welcome to participate
    OK now I understand. Thank you Frances. (Also for all your great contributions)
    Tony

I'd say Xara's amazing as is. Any direction is good imho, and one day hope for better "export" menus, "perfect arc" hotkey when dragging nodes... It's the best!
    Ron Cavagnaro

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943 View Post
    I'd say Xara's amazing as is. Any direction is good imho, and one day hope for better "export" menus, "perfect arc" hotkey when dragging nodes... It's the best!
    Aha! So, you do have some requests?!

Mine is still to have graduated feathering.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

All said, I do love me the Xara. But being an illustrator, a trained technical illustrator to be more specific, I am always on the lookout for a vector illustration program that focus on improving the illustration experience rather than integrating photo editing and web design. There are plenty of those on the market right now, IMHO.

But it is what it is. If Xara moves that direction, fine. I may just have to move another.

Let me just add that I am a mac convert. (I can here the moans now). Of course I am running windows on the mac but would rather not. So, a mac version of anything would be fantastic. I mean a Linux version over mac? Really?

I think there was a Mac version in development, but it didn't see the light of day (I may be wrong). A few years back when the non-PC ports were going on, Apple and the Mac were not in the position they are now and Xara had an idea that an army of open-source developers (who seem to gravitate towards linux) might descend on the codebase and propel it forward..