Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there a way to have more than 6 slides in accordion slider widget?

I did a website for a restaurant - used the accordion slider widget. Now they want to add more menu items - slider has max of 6 slides. Any suggestions for 10 slides?
    http://www.pearlgarden-in.com/menu.htm

Thanks,
    Bob

Default Re: Is there a way to have more than 6 slides in accordion slider widget?

Create your own Bob.

Create a new layer for each image. Then link to the layer, either with a click link or a mouse over link (Website Properties > Mouse-over > Show Pop-up Layer.

You can apply a Fade effect. When you apply the link click the Effect button to assign the Fade.

This will also increase your design options.

Default Re: Is there a way to have more than 6 slides in accordion slider widget?

Thanks for that suggestion. It is an option... I (and client) likes the auto slideshow - opposed to clicking on an image or mouseover... but it does provide some new options to consider. May do a menu item gallery with mouseover effects - that way it will be easy to add new items down the road. Thanks.

Well then you can use a slide show program such as Visual Slideshow www.visualslideshow.com and create a slide show. Make the text description that you have on the left as part of the slides or as a stand alone object. But you won't be able to link to a specific image this way.

Thanks for the link to visualslideshow. Nice free slideshow maker. I may experiment with it. I've used Nivo Slider in Dreamweaver - also works well with larger number of images. The accordion slider widget has the "cool" factor going for it... :-)

Thanks again.

I picked up on gwpriester's advice to create my own. So I created page index.htm with a blue rectangle plus three layers each with a coloured rectangle overlaying each other like this (Page & Layer Gallery view):

Orange (layer)
    Rectangle (orange)
    Green (layer)
    Rectangle (green)
    Yellow (layer)
    Rectangle (yellow)
    MouseOff
    Rectangle (blue)

I linked Rectangle (blue) to Yellow (layer), Rectangle (yellow) to Green (layer), Rectangle (green) to Orange (layer), and Rectangle (orange) to index.htm all with fade effect.

When I test this using IE9 I get:

1. Click Blue loads Yellow,
    2. click Yellow briefly displays Blue then loads Yellow
    3. click Yellow fades to Green,
    4. click Green fades to Orange,
    5. click Orange fades to Blue,
    6. click Blue repeats the sequence as per 1.

With Chrome I get:

2. click Yellow fades to Green,
    3. click Green fades to Blue,
    4. click Blue repeats the sequence as per 1.

With Firefox:

2. click Yellow briefly displays Blue then loads Yellow
    3. click Yellow fades to Yellow,
    4. click Yellow repeats the sequence as per 3.

None of these gives the desired effect which is to sequence Blue - Yellow - Green - Orange - Blue. The browser inconsistencies are worrying. Am I doing something wrong here?

Paul

I reported this to Xara support and they have confirmed that there are some problems with this behaviour.The inconsistent behaviour occurs when

1. A transition is applied to the pop-up layer
    AND
    2. You do not move the mouse between clicking each link.

The development team needs to investigate this further.

have you tried something like this

http://codecanyon.net/item/aaaccordi...jects-/1299052

its only $5 and you can add as many items as required