Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Filter Forge on Holiday Sale

OK, I'm still having problems with filter forge. When I try to lock the effect I always get this error, and I even went so far as to uninstall both programs and reinstall them but that did not help. It does not matter if I lock the effect or just change the settings and apply I always get this same error and XDPX stops responding. Any ideas? I think I'll contact Filter Forge about this problem and see if they have a solution.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	236 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	93657
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

@ Mike: No as far as I can tell Filter Forge does not have this feature, but if you have Designer pro X you can use FF as a stand alone to create a seamless tiling image and fill your shape with it and then use the shape builder to roughen the edges of your shape to mimic the effect.

@ Larry: yes do contact Filter Forge support make sure to keep that screenshot and when they respond to you they may want to see it. Last I heard they are aware of these errors and are looking into fixing them, but they had some major problems with their website servers and they had to spend time fixing that instead of working on the upcomming version 4 which is still in an open beta. In the meantime you can still use FF as a stand alone to create many interesting and unique seamless tiling images (just don't forget to make sure that seamless tiling is enabled in the settings!) and use these as bitmap fills and transparencies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

France's, I tried the stand alone, but, I keep getting the message that my version cannot export high quality images. What I have been able to do though is fill a rectangle in Xara and export that as a png. Then I can use it as a bitmap fill. So far using my version has been a real bummer.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

From what I can find even the basic version which doesn't give you the filter editor should be able to export images up to 3000 X 3000 pixels. If you can not export images that large your best bet is to contact FF support. I wish I could be of more help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Thanks Frances,
    I may wait till we get back from our trip to contact them. Leaving in the morning, returning Christmas Day. It's about an 8-10 hour drive. Merry Christmas to everyone.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

I guess I missed something. How is it that all these offers from Filter Forge are not considered Spam?
    - Andy
    IP

See the closing line of this post, Andy. Should answer your question

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...205#post463205
    IP