Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Slow loading time of integrated shop using placeholder (iframe) method

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I don't see this as a Xara issue at all. Xara is a page builder and has no influence on content you choose to load in an iFrame.
    Thanks pauland. I was thinking the same but I put the same shop into a Drupal site to see if there was a difference and it loads instantly in Drupal. I much prefer Xara to Drupal because Drupal seems quite rigid so that's why I posted the question here.

Default Re: Slow loading time of integrated shop using placeholder (iframe) method

I took a look at the assets on the t-Shirt page and there aren't any huge assets sitting on the Xara page - by far the biggest thing to load is the T-Shirt editor swf which is pretty big - 786K - huge for what it is and in total the spreadshirt assets are about 1MB. I can't see any particular reason why using Xara would affect the loading speed unduly.

The size of the assets used in the Xara page is a little over 100KB, so the spreadshirt stuff is ten times bigger. I don't see that the page construction is so complex as to be an issue, either.

Then I thought about the iframe and it seems that that is the culprit here - they slow things down compared to rendering within one page, an iframe is really a web page within a page and takes a performance hit.

http://www.stevesouders.com/blog/200...mes-sparingly/

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post

Then I thought about the iframe and it seems that that is the culprit here - they slow things down compared to rendering within one page, an iframe is really a web page within a page and takes a performance hit.
    Thank you pauland!
    That explains the iframe loading time. However, the T-shirt editor is loaded by iframe as well and loads straight away even though it is way bigger like you found out. (I think they are changing that to html5 soon)

Does anybody know of a different solution to an iframe? In any way, I don't think I will be able to fix this and the loading time seems to be okay in other countries so thank you all very much for your help!!!!