Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Slow loading time of integrated shop using placeholder (iframe) method

To OP, the one page for me that was in any way slow was the "T-Shirt Creator" page, 2 seconds or so. I have what would be classified as relatively slow broadband in today's world - 5-6Megb down, 2-3 up. By the way, what script are you using for your language translation? And what shopping cart did you insert in the i-frame?

thanks,
    radiohawk

Default Re: Slow loading time of integrated shop using placeholder (iframe) method

I think the cart script is from here - think it is only usefull if you are using there services

cheerz

It doesn't display correctly in Firefox. The header title for the T shirt below is overlaying the prices etc.
    See screengrab
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	png.pn.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	93451  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Seems ok in my FireFox 17, Egg..

Name:	ff17.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	93452  

Strange that Steve. I'm using FF17 as well. Just checked for updates and now on FF17.0.1 and still get the same. Must be my machine, although it works fine on all other browsers.

Name:	png.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	93453  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I generally check installed browser extensions when strange things happen. Often I find it's one of them that is the cause.

Disabled all my Plug-ins & Extensions and still same result. Odd.
    Egg

Is odd, I noticed the same problem yesterday, but Egg had already mentioned it. Now it doesn't show...

By the way, Op, the language translation tool... is that something you added, or did it come with your Zazzle account? Or from spreadshirt.net maybe? I like it, but can't seem to find reference to an independent script.

Thanks so much for checking this out guys. I really appreciate your comments. The loading time doesn't seem so bad in other countries which is good to know!
    I had great fun with Xara because it is so flexible but the slow iframe is still annoying. I might see if I can soft group the iframe to the background or something...

The language option on the main site was done through copies that I put in sub folders. I got great instructions here on the forum for doing that.
    The language translation option on the T-shirt shop and the T-shirt designer (the iframes) come directly from spreadshirt. Spreadhirt is a great company if you enjoy the odd bit of design. Very user friendly and the products are beautiful. I can only recommend them.

Radiohawk, the shopping cart is from spreadshirt also. The do all the boring stuff like shipping as well. It is a very convenient solution but if you are planning on earning any serious money, use your own cart. In my case, I charge hardly any commission because I'm doing this as a hobby and to relax from the day job. The POD companies such as spreadshirt, zazzle, cafepress, redbubble, etc. are great for that. Spreadshirt and redbubble especially offer great quality products.
    Last edited by 12345; 11 December 2012 at 12:51 PM.

I don't see this as a Xara issue at all. Xara is a page builder and has no influence on content you choose to load in an iFrame.