Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Slow loading time of integrated shop using placeholder (iframe) method

Hi everyone!
    I did a website using Xara Web Designer MX8 with a T-shirt shop. I linked the T-shirt shop code to my website using the placeholder (iframe) method. Unfortunately, the shop takes way too long to load. If you click on the T-shirt shop link on the website, you will be able to observe this. http://www.all-things-pony.com/
    Does anybody know why this is happening? Do I have too many articles in the shop? Is there any way to fix this or to mask it?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Slow loading time of integrated shop using placeholder (iframe) method

The link loads pretty fast for me. Not instantly but acceptable. I'm in New Mexico and have high speed cable.

Default Re: Slow loading time of integrated shop using placeholder (iframe) method

Not really a Xara topic as the page which is slower to load isn't created with Xara software (http://all-things-pony.spreadshirt.net/)
    Look to the host for that page and check the speed of their service.

The site and pages load OK for me.
    I'm using BT Infinity.
    I get download speeds of around 28Mb, and upload speeds of around 6Mb.
    I did these checks on my Laptop, which is connected using wireless to my broadband.

You can check your speeds to compare.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Less than a second for me, which is actually pretty fast.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thank you!
    It loads really slow here (in Ireland). It takes about 4 seconds which I find terrible. I was thinking that it might be because I have too many products in that shop but I lack the technical knowledge to determine that.
    I appreciate your comments!

By the way, it is just the T-shirt shop iframe that is slow. Would the more fancy fly-in type methods that are selectable mask that?

Quote Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
    It takes about 4 seconds which I find terrible.
    You're not serious, right !?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You're not serious, right !?
    Yes, I'm serious. And the site that I'm putting in the iframe loads really quickly on its own. I'm starting to think that this might be a Xara thing. Maybe the iframe gets loaded last or something. Thinking of switching over to Wordpress even though I love Xara and I love the idea of graphically based web design .

Loaded up perfectly fast on my side. Like the design BTW!

Muis60