Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Yiynova MSP19U (pen tablet monitor)

I see Amazon has them back in stock now. I have been told that the price is going to go up after Jan 1.
    Get out and do something. Find a group and engage with other people @ MEETUP.COM

Is it any good?

Paul - Didn't you say you ordered one?

It says on Amazon that it is designed for the Mac. And of the 4 reviews, all pretty good, there were 3 **** and 1 *****

Paul - Didn't you say you ordered one?

Not me.

I have been very busy since its arrival so not much time to play around with it. I did manage to get it set up (quick temp method) and test it out to make sure it worked. I must say that I was quite impressed with its size and construction. I did some quick sketches in Photoshop CS6 and it worked great. I have variable line stroke and responded well to the pressure sensitive pen. I also did some sketches in Sketchbook Pro 6 and had good line flow without any lag. I didn't get any variable line widths or pressure sensitive features. It may well be that Sketchbook Pro doesn't support it as I didn't see any setting for a tablet or setting on the tools for pressure sensitive variation of line width.
    Get out and do something. Find a group and engage with other people @ MEETUP.COM

your post reads to me that you were looking for pressure sensitive tablet settings in sketchbook pro

in the program edit menu there is a 'stylus responsiveness' - click on this for very basic adjustment; also leave it open and when you select a brush, if the slider is operational it's a pressure sensitive brush, if the slider is greyed out it's not

with my bamboo I find the pencils 1-4 and paintbrushes 1-2 down at the bottom of the sketchbook brush palette work best [they are hidden by default on my system] - but they don't respond that well, compared to PS or SAI [or for that matter artrage], one reason I don't use sketchbook as a rule, I have to change the wacom's own settings which then puts it out of kilter with the other programs mentioned which is not good [for my workflow]

maybe you will have better luck...
    Last edited by handrawn; 04 December 2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: add [for my workflow

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    your post reads to me that you were looking for pressure sensitive tablet settings in sketchbook pro

maybe you will have better luck...
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look for those and give it another try. My professor friend already got his and he tells me he has good pressure sensitivity in SketchBook Pro. Go figure. He's on a Mac and I'm on a PC but I'm not sure if that makes any difference.

Nope, tried it again and those brushes (there were setting on them) but still no luck. DANG!!

Let me ask a question, please don't take this as rude I am simply asking.

Why did you choose the Yiynova over the Bosto? The Bosto runs the same specs as Cintiq (except screen resolution for obvious size reasons) and has gotten much much better reviews. I also read that it doesn't have the jitter or gapping problems that Yiynova has. I do own a Cintiq and just went through the difficult decision or Yiynova vs Bosto myself for my extra computer.

For those who were stating that the Bosto isn't available here:
    There is a company out of California headed by Carpe Diem that carries it, however I don't know if they are going to continue to carry it much longer.
    Bosto is on Facebook and will chat your problems out with you, and is pretty nice.
    You can order it from their manufacturer on Amazon or on their website.

It is more expensive than the Yiynova, but honestly it runs the same specs as the Cintiq.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

You sound like you are either a big fan and/or and employee.