Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Youtube Yiynova MSP19U (pen tablet monitor)

For anyone that is interested, the Yiynova MSP19U is a 19" interactive pen display that is similar to the Wacom Cintiq. The huge difference is in the price. The 22" Wacom Cintiq retails for $1999 and the Yiynova MSP19U sells for $569 on Amazon. I ordered one for an early Christmas present to myself. I assume it will work well with Xara. Definitely a steal at this price for what you get.

Written Review:
    MSP19U Review

Video Reviews:
    PhotoShop Demo Review

Manga Studio Demo Review

ArtRage Demo Review

BTW, there are 2 models the MSP19 and MSP19U. They both are for Mac and Windows even though on the website they are pushing the 19 for Windows and the 19U for Mac's. The 19U has the newer drivers that fixed some jitter problems experienced on the MSP19 model. In other words regardless of which operating system you run, Mac or Windows, the MSP19U is what you want to purchase even though it is a little more expensive then the MSP19. At least that is what has been explained to me so far.
    Get out and do something. Find a group and engage with other people @ MEETUP.COM

Default Re: Yiynova MSP19U (pen tablet monitor)

Just went online to Amazon and I see the tracking states it is now in the custody of my local UPS facility so being closed for Thanksgiving that means I will be receiving it on Black Friday!

BTW, I looked at the Amazon store today and it looks like they are going to sell out for the holidays; only 3 left!
    Get out and do something. Find a group and engage with other people @ MEETUP.COM

I sure hope it does work well with xara...

The review you linked mentions it does not work well with Paint Tool SAI, so it would not currently be suitable for me.. ah well...

Default Wacom Cintiq 12WX 12-Inch Pen Display

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    The review you linked mentions it does not work well with Paint Tool SAI, so it would not currently be suitable for me.. ah well...
    That is unfortunate as low cost alternatives will prove to be elusive. The good news is that the Wacom Cintiq 12WX 12-Inch Pen Display is on sale for 1/3 off now on Amazon with free shipping. I know its not a large display but it is bit larger than one of those 10" tables and its on sale for only $800.

BTW, if anyone has been thinking of getting a tablet for digital drawing, there is also a Yiynova DP10U 10.1" USB Digitizer Tablet LCD Display available that might be a better fit for $349.

Paint Tool SAI Demo Review
    Last edited by InfoCentral; 23 November 2012 at 04:16 AM.

Default Bosto Kingtee 19MA 19'' LCD Monitor Tablet

I was hoping to have mine this weekend but UPS decided to hold on to it for Black Friday and deliver it Monday for whatever reason. Dang...

On a side note there seems to be an additional challenge to the high priced Cintiq line, the Bosto Kingtee 19MA 19'' LCD Monitor Tablet. Apparently there are two 19" models, the 19MB and the 19MA which has 10 programmable keys on the front left side. There are some reviews available on YouTube but not many and the link to the Amazon store one reviewer gave had Amazon stating they were unavailable and didn't know when or if they were going to be again. You can order directly from China through Alibaba as there doesn't seem to be any distributor here the US. I was able to locate a few American retailers that sold the units for about $200 less the Alibaba.

Carpe Diem Store

Arhitects Corner

Also, the Bosto Kingtee is bit more expensive and since there is no national or regionally recognized distributor like Panda City there is going to be less support for it if anything goes haywire. When I saw Amazon stopped carrying it that was a huge red flag for me. But its out there and is another alternative.
    Last edited by InfoCentral; 24 November 2012 at 02:00 PM.

Default Re: Bosto Kingtee 19MA 19'' LCD Monitor Tablet

You can order directly from China through Alibaba as there doesn't seem to be any distributor here the US
    unfortunately not much use to me either

I do hope you enjoy it when it eventually arrives

Exclamation Re: Yiynova MSP19U (pen tablet monitor)

unfortunately not much use to me either
    Not to worry. I see Amazon states they are SOLD OUT...

I do hope you enjoy it when it eventually arrives
    Arrived today but no time to play with it till this weekend.
    Last edited by InfoCentral; 27 November 2012 at 03:49 AM.

Arrived today but no time to play with it till this weekend.

I think I'd have it out of the box pretty sharpish - just in case I was going to send it back!

I purchased it through Amazon so I still have plenty of time. I have to fly out this morning but I should be back by Friday...I hope.

I think my 3D graphics friend over at the University purchased the last one...

If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.... I received approval this Monday morning from my department head to purchase the Yiynova MSP19U. I checked with Amazon to make certain there were still some units available. There were two. Ten minutes later, after I got the department credit card to make the purchase...there were none left! Amazon has posted a message stating they don't know when, or if, there will be any more stock available.

Ain't that sweet?

Anyone know whether there are any resellers besides Amazon in the US?

Professor Bob

Update: Maybe my luck is changing. After posting the above message, I checked back with Amazon on a hunch, and they had one unit listed....so I bought it.