Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Layer Management in Xara P&G Version 6

Hi Everyone

Been a while since I've been here. Life interfered

I've just upgraded to Xara P&G Version 6 from Xara Xtreme 4. ( I know, I know what took me so long right? ) Well, Xtreme was doing everything that I required and as such never felt like upgrading but have finally done so. Still getting the hang of the new functions and facilities.

One thing that is bothering me is the new Layers task. In the older version, any imports or changes I made were always done on the active layer. In the new version something strange seems to be happening. Every time I import a new object, Xara automatically adds a new dedicated layer for the object. This means that I am ending up with tons of layers

Am I doing something wrong? Or can I change any setting so that Xara does not automatically add a new layer. I much prefer the facility of the old version where it was up to the user to add new layers as required.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in Advance

Sammy

Default Re: Layer Management in Xara P&G Version 6

In Page Options > General tabbed section there are three layer options. I can never figure out which is the one to use but experiment a bit to figure out the one you want.

I looked in XPGD 7 but I think it's the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	options.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	93115  

Thanks a lot Gary.
    Have had a look at the suggested section. The default option is Maintain Imported Layers Name. Seems like when I opened an existing Xara file with multiple layers, any new objects where added to new layers, whereas in a new document the layers operate as before. Seems to have cleared up the cobwebs

Thanks

Sammy