Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Banner Page with photos and graphics designer premium and Web design and premium 7

Hello All I just purchased both of the products and would like to know if you can make a banner page with either of these products.

There are many free websites to create a banner page 728 × 60.

But they have basic extra information which can be added. So I want to get both of these packages to see if it was possible.

As these programs were on special and I have to do something else with one of them I thought it would be best to get both as one does others that the other does not.

I hope this is in the right forum discussion part.

Any assistance appreciated regards Mark

Default Re: Banner Page with photos and graphics designer premium and Web design and premium

Hi Mark

Sure. Why not.

If you give us a link to an example of what you have in mind, we can give you pointers for how to accomplish this.

Default Re: Banner Page with photos and graphics designer premium and Web design and premium

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hi Mark

Sure. Why not.

If you give us a link to an example of what you have in mind, we can give you pointers for how to accomplish this.
    hello again, thank you very much, I use xara 3-D to make a lot of banners as I talked to some people on a particular website and I enjoy making them as a quadriplegic keeps me occupied along with the IT course.
    A friend of mine had a name she was calling the group of people for example team Fox as her name was Alisha Fox, so I wanted to make a rotating banner with the name on one side and a wolf on the other side. Then I would love to make a number of different ones for different people with different shapes.
    On the other forum for xara, they were helping the the only way could be done was using one of the fonts turning it from a circle into a elliptical button but it was a lot of mucking around and never eventually got it but it only limited to that shaped so I contacted support and they said that this program photo or graphic designer would work.

Anyway thank you for entering my reply as I Monitoring it nobody was interested so I thank you very much. Regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    hello again, thank you very much, I use xara 3-D to make a lot of banners as I talked to some people on a particular website and I enjoy making them as a quadriplegic keeps me occupied along with the IT course.
    A friend of mine had a name she was calling the group of people for example team Fox as her name was Alisha Fox, so I wanted to make a rotating banner with the name on one side and a wolf on the other side. Then I would love to make a number of different ones for different people with different shapes.
    On the other forum for xara, they were helping the the only way could be done was using one of the fonts turning it from a circle into a elliptical button but it was a lot of mucking around and never eventually got it but it only limited to that shaped so I contacted support and they said that this program photo or graphic designer would work.

Anyway thank you for entering my reply as I Monitoring it nobody was interested so I thank you very much. Regards Mark
    hello again, sorry about that I posted to messages yesterday and the reply I sent to you previously was for the other question but if you can help with that also would appreciate it, regards Mark

hello again, sorry about that I posted to messages yesterday and the reply I sent to you previously was for the other question but if you can help with that also would appreciate it, regards Mark
    with regards to the making of a banner page there are websites that have predetermined sizes as templates so you can add text, moving around and they have a couple of effects, something basic but I would like to make my own better page with the same dimensions 728 roughly by I think it is 60 or 90 cannot remember inputting graphics and text on.
    Most people would use a different program that I was wondering if it was able to be produced with both of these programs I purchased as they were on special. I hope this is making sense of what I want to make. I made another reply to the previous question but it was for my other posting regards the rotating banner button of different shapes, sorry about that it was just that I was happy to see some reply and did not realise which posting it was.

I was reading your post again from the original reply and here is a link in the 3-D forum which has something like I want to make for an example. I want to do other shapes like this.
    I loaded your examples into photo and graphic designer 7 they come out very good, but what I need to do is make a specific shape with the text on one side picture on the other side like the example in this link I'm sending you.
    I want to be able to make the different shapes in photo graphic designer 7 assemble them with the picture on one side text on the other and then import them into Xara 3-D to rotate them and play around with other features that make sense. Here is the link to what somebody has done as I previously said about halfway down the page.it has a wolf on one side and text on the other
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...he-other/page2

You can make banners using Xara. I do it all the time. Here's a little tip regarding sizes.

If you start with a rectangle of the size that you want for your banner, then place any objects you want on top of that rectangle, you are free to let these objects overlap or exceed the boundaries of the original background. When you export the final banner just click on the background only and export that as a JPG and your banner will be confined to that size and anything outside of it will be ignored (works for animated GIFs too).

In the attached I started (left hand image)with a 300 x 250px rectangle and placed the photo image in such a way that the bottom would be cropped on export. And on the right you can see what I ended up with after I exported the background shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banner Demo.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	93054

It might help if I read the posts before I comment.

You can do something like the attached in Photo and Graphic Designer though for some reason, I cannot preview the SWF file in the program so I had to export the SWF file then open it in my browser.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    It might help if I read the posts before I comment.

You can do something like the attached in Photo and Graphic Designer though for some reason, I cannot preview the SWF file in the program so I had to export the SWF file then open it in my browser.
    thank you very much for the reply sorry for the late reply I had a fever yesterday and could not do anything until yesterday evening after antibiotics kicked in.
    I had a look at the banner page you made, was quite impressive.
    Did you get to have a look at the link I sent regarding the circular button with text and Wolff on one side. That is something what I want to do but were different shapes and different pictures.
    Regarding a banner for the web page it is really just a banner with text and a graphic, I will stick to that from the meantime. I know a lot of people make a banner and maybe photo shop or Corel, I have photo shop but it looks a bit difficult, I want to try and find out how they had done.
    I thought I might be able to make the page in either of the two programs for webpages photo and graphic designer and webpage premium 7, maybe I have the names wrong sorry about that but you know which one I'm talking about, without having to look at the e-mail I received confirmation purchased.
    Most of the Web-based free programs have templates with the right sizes to choose from so I was using one of those but it is very basic what you can add to it.
    Thank you again for the replies regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi King View Post
    You can make banners using Xara. I do it all the time. Here's a little tip regarding sizes.

If you start with a rectangle of the size that you want for your banner, then place any objects you want on top of that rectangle, you are free to let these objects overlap or exceed the boundaries of the original background. When you export the final banner just click on the background only and export that as a JPG and your banner will be confined to that size and anything outside of it will be ignored (works for animated GIFs too).

In the attached I started (left hand image)with a 300 x 250px rectangle and placed the photo image in such a way that the bottom would be cropped on export. And on the right you can see what I ended up with after I exported the background shape.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banner Demo.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	93054
    hello there thank you very much for your input, they will come in handy to do something like that. I'm still learning after all this time on the tricks to do with xara, I only just realised in the last few days under the texture and you can stretch it and also in the design you can do a similar thing to change the shape and also considerable just choosing specific designs there is another column to the right with a drop-down list so that was a new one had not looked into.
    Regarding the sizes I'll have to check where you got the measurements from to change sizes.
    Sorry for the late reply, I always reply to help it had a fever from lunchtime the day after.
    Regards Mark