Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Tutorial forWheels

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    hi again, yes but I still have two change the line spacing to get it to do what your one did, only pressing enter once, it puts it much lower then you're one which is why I have to use the line spacing.
    Regarding the other comment, every time I make it new project that's what happens, I've deleted the text cannot get rid of the animation, when I open up the program it starts off with animation in and out, I've tried everything to delete the animation which is what you are seeing at the back of that circle if that makes sense
    it is the 3-D cinema new feature that was in this version, I don't like it at all the scrolling text in and out up-and-down sideways.
    Any suggestions on how I can delete everything to have a new project?
    I will try to attempt text eventually, I was not sure what it meant by the group in one of your previous mentions above.
    Anyway it least we have got there to make a double sided circle with pictures, I want to make a square one because most of the pictures I have two are just the texture size which is a good feature someone gave me through the forum.
    I hope you understand what I'm talking about that circle with the other piece behind it like a half Moon.
    Regards Mark
    regarding that other comment I'm pretty sure that is extrusion off memory, I just want to be able to have a blank document with no animation no text, I can't get rid of the text but the only way to get rid of the animation is to stop it.
    Still do not know what have to use line spacing to get to achieve your results one circle above each other.
    Also regarding text because when you create a circle it is black in graphic designer to you have to change the colour of the circle or the colour of the text that was another question I forgot because the circle is black when created if it makes sense, sorry for all the problems appreciate all your help regards Mark
    IP

regarding that other comment I'm pretty sure that is extrusion off memory, I just want to be able to have a blank document with no animation no text, I can't get rid of the text but the only way to get rid of the animation is to stop it.
    Uncheck the text and lights boxes in the animation window

Also regarding text because when you create a circle it is black in graphic designer to you have to change the color of the circle or the color of the text that was another question I forgot because the circle is black when created if it makes sense, sorry for all the problems
    Select your shape and click on the color you want on the color line or on the color selector in the bottom left corner (to choose any color you want) and make sure current fill color is what you are changing. Same is true for the text, also same when changing line color except choose (current line color)). To clear the line or the fill colors,right click brings up a menuasking which to clear but, left clicking clears the fil . When you copy and paste into Xara 3D Maker 7 the fill and texture will be the last one you were using when you closed the program.
    X3D6 does not do have that handy feature.
    I don't know about XPGD but I assume the same is true if you are using the current version, then the last fill you use will be the same on your next fill until you change it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    OK Mark perhaps the easiest way to do this

Attachment 93228

Is make your circle in XPG and copy then in X3D (any version) in the main window from the edit munu paste, then using the I-beam cursor with nothing selected press Enter one time and you should see a blank screen with the I-beam cursor still showing then paste again this will give you what I am showing in the text window above. Now select one circle with the I-beam and texture it, then turn off the I-beam then turn it on again (I don't know if this is necessary, but it is for me) select the other circle and texture it with your other image. Now when you animate you will have a two sided animation. This works best for me if I check the box (show the front face only).
    hello again, I'll try to do the same thing with square but it is not seem to working, is it possible to do?
    I have not done anything about text yet, regards Mark
    IP

hello again, I'll try to do the same thing with square but it is not seem to working, is it possible to do?
    I have not done anything about text yet, regards Mark
    Yes it should. If you leave your computer running all the time, perhaps a simple restart may solve the problem. If not you may have other problems somewhere and the software may need to be un-installed
    and re-installed. Are you having problems with any other software, or just XPD and X3D(whatever version)?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Yes it should. If you leave your computer running all the time, perhaps a simple restart may solve the problem. If not you may have other problems somewhere and the software may need to be un-installed
    and re-installed. Are you having problems with any other software, or just XPD and X3D(whatever version)?
    no problem of software, I try to do it the same thing as previous, I made a square in photo designer, I copied it into xara and pasted it, I turned the I-beam, press enter, pasted the other square. I selected one of the squares put a picture on it, selected the other square put a picture on it, in between each I was turning the i-beam on and off as previous, even through the instructions again step-by-step I only get one square with one picture, I even did a couple of times and gave up at and send you a message just to make sure you can do a square but I thought it would be able to because your shape was different to a circle so I could not understand why will give it another go after. I got web design also, I don't know how they say it can be so easy, yes if you use one of the templates but they have already got built in graphic, I try to delete it and it left part of it, anyway I will plod on, thank you for the reply you are a champion, hope the family is well regards Mark
    IP

It might look like you are only getting one square if you textured the same image and the same colors on each. If you do not want to animate then only one is needed. One question, when you selected the other shape are you sure it was not the same one? Try this, paste one shape and texture it then paste again and texture that one. When you paste the secone one it might appear with the same texture. Try something simple with no texture, merely changing the color like just one red and one blue or something like that. Now when you animate you should get just a color change.

You did it before it's just that the texture wasn't positioned quite right. Would it help if I or someone else rmade a video to show step by step how to do it? I have never done one before but I could try.

Note: if you pasted one shape in X3D and think you pasted a second, check the text options window and check so you know for sure. If you did you will see your shape, a page break beside it and the second shape below.
    Last edited by wizard509; 08 December 2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

It might look like you are only getting one square if you textured the same image and the same colors on each. If you do not want to animate then only one is needed. One question, when you selected the other shape are you sure it was not the same one? Try this, paste one shape and texture it then paste again and texture that one. When you paste the secone one it might appear with the same texture. Try something simple with no texture, merely changing the color like just one red and one blue or something like that. Now when you animate you should get just a color change.

You did it before it's just that the texture wasn't positioned quite right. Would it help if I or someone else rmade a video to show step by step how to do it? I have never done one before but I could try.

Note: if you pasted one shape in X3D and think you pasted a second, check the text options window and check so you know for sure. If you did you will see your shape, a page break beside it and the second shape below.
    hello my friend, thank you for the reply, if you wish to make a video that would be good. Where you have a page break i.e. using the icon in the top right-hand corner or is it the same as doing pressing the enter key having the same effect as using the icon to make a page break?
    I will give it ago after, regards Mark
    IP

As far as I can tell Mark, it does not make any difference, and you will get the same result either way. I did notice that I could select one of the objects in the text options window but still had to use the I-beam to select it to add the texture, otherwise both sides were the same.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

Uncheck the text and lights boxes in the animation window

Select your shape and click on the color you want on the color line or on the color selector in the bottom left corner (to choose any color you want) and make sure current fill color is what you are changing. Same is true for the text, also same when changing line color except choose (current line color)). To clear the line or the fill colors,right click brings up a menuasking which to clear but, left clicking clears the fil . When you copy and paste into Xara 3D Maker 7 the fill and texture will be the last one you were using when you closed the program.
    X3D6 does not do have that handy feature.
    I don't know about XPGD but I assume the same is true if you are using the current version, then the last fill you use will be the same on your next fill until you change it.
    just a quick reply, have not done anything could squares, can try to update it some problems, but will be around to it apologise for that after all your homework, what was the removal check from the text and lights for?
    I will get men to the squares on the weekend most likely if not sooner, I really want to make the squares because a lot of the pictures fit into it better than the circles so hence my urgency,I was looking at the previous post on the previous page looking for the question I just asked about text and lights and saw you mention you can make different items with different tools, so sorry about the question previously, but I could not get it to work so just had to ask and I only found it now.
    I'm so sorry for not getting to do your squares after all your hard work and persistence with me.
    There are just not enough hours in the day from when I stay awake to do everything also tried to get the IT course done.
    Anyway appreciate your help greatly and so sorry to keep troubling you.
    I like the way it auto saves as well on this website, good feature.
    Regards Mark
    IP

just a quick reply, have not done anything could squares, can try to update it some problems, but will be around to it apologise for that after all your homework, what was the removal check from the text and lights for?
    I will get men to the squares on the weekend most likely if not sooner, I really want to make the squares because a lot of the pictures fit into it better than the circles so hence my urgency,I was looking at the previous post on the previous page looking for the question I just asked about text and lights and saw you mention you can make different items with different tools, so sorry about the question previously, but I could not get it to work so just had to ask and I only found it now.
    I'm so sorry for not getting to do your squares after all your hard work and persistence with me.
    There are just not enough hours in the day from when I stay awake to do everything also tried to get the IT course done.
    Anyway appreciate your help greatly and so sorry to keep troubling you.
    I like the way it auto saves as well on this website, good feature.
    Regards Mark
    while I still had 3D open I made to squares in graphic designer, one red and one blue, I copied them into xara, they were not coloured unless I missed a step as I did it very quickly, cannot see very good too much computer, I had to cover them in Xara, they are both showing up and rotating red and blue, that's a good step, will try a texture of picture tomorrow will I can see better.
    Should the squares come into Xara coloured from graphic designer?
    At least I was able to achieve the squares, unbelievable you can spend all day tried to do something then the first time you try it bang anyway and will wait for your reply regarding colours, regards Mark
    IP