Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tutorial forWheels

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    hello again thank you for the info, first of all when I make a circle in graphic designer what format should it be in when you make it as there was a number of selections to choose from different quality resolution.
    Then I use the edit, copy, and pasted into xara from what you say.
    I will start their first and then go step by step.
    Hope your holiday was good, I did not realise you are back, regards Mark
    I did exactly what you said, made a circle, copied into Xara, selected the first circle put a graphic picture on it, select the second circle with the i-beam as previous, put another graphic on that one, when I wrote that it, it has the same picture both sides, even though I posted a different one on the first and a different one on the second, using the same process.
    In your article both of your circles are very close together what I did that on my site the bottom circle is further away than your demonstration.
    Regards Mark
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    OK Mark perhaps the easiest way to do this

Attachment 93228

Is make your circle in XPG and copy then in X3D (any version) in the main window from the edit munu paste, then using the I-beam cursor with nothing selected press Enter one time and you should see a blank screen with the I-beam cursor still showing then paste again this will give you what I am showing in the text window above. Now select one circle with the I-beam and texture it, then turn off the I-beam then turn it on again (I don't know if this is necessary, but it is for me) select the other circle and texture it with your other image. Now when you animate you will have a two sided animation. This works best for me if I check the box (show the front face only).
    I change the line spacing to resemble your posting, the I-beam when selected one circle could cover part of the other, but can not seem to affect it, I have come up with this test for you, regards Mark
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle test.gif 
Views:	170 
Size:	602.4 KB 
ID:	93341  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

I change the line spacing to resemble your posting, the I-beam when selected one circle could cover part of the other, but can not seem to affect it, I have come up with this test for you, regards Mark
    I just did a oval shape different graphics on work the same as the circle, what size would you suggest to make each item in graphic designer? I was trying to play around with putting text itself on one side of the oval shape but it did not work as I remember you can already do that in Xara.
    I don't know why my one came in different with regards to the line spacing, I did only press the enter once, maybe my design was too big in the first place that is why was asking about what size to use.
    Regards Mark
    IP

More to the above tutorials.
    Name:  another for mark.gif
Views: 229
Size:  725.9 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	more for wheels.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	93361

Play with the tools in XPGD to see what each does. You can't break anything.
    These really are fun programs.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Mark,
    I must have missed your success. You did it!
    Size doesn't really matter except you need to make it large enough to comfortably work on. Bear in mind though that when using a bitmap image you need to work as large as the image wukk allow and reduce because of the pixelation. As far as the text goes if you want multiple lines of text and want to do it in XPGD, with your text tool type your text, center justify, put your cursor where you think you want to break it and hit enter, do this in various places until you get what you want, maybe reducing the size so it fits the shape. Now before exporting drag select your shape and text and group (grouping isn't really necessary as long as you have the necessary components selected, but it helps sometimes). Anyway I am proud of you for sticking in there and getting the job done.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Mark,
    I was having trouble with your X3D file. Kept getting an error, so I remade it for you the best I could. So here you go.

Name:	Masrk 1.gif 
Views:	188 
Size:	619.4 KB 
ID:	93364

Mark 1.X3D
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Mark,
    I was having trouble with your X3D file. Kept getting an error, so I remade it for you the best I could. So here you go.

Name:	Masrk 1.gif 
Views:	188 
Size:	619.4 KB 
ID:	93364

Mark 1.X3D
    hello again stranger good to hear from you again, well regarding my work there must have been a fluke that I got it.
    I will go step by step and show screen captures when I do it to show you what happens with the different spacing.
    One nice looking back at the original tutorial, I saw that you make text on one side which I forgot about.
    I'll try to make the text in xara, no wonder it's not working you have to do it in graphic designer.
    I will do the other steps first and show you that and then I will attempt text eventuate.
    They were the only pictures quickly I could grab it would not be at offensive to the forum.
    That is a picture of me actually when I was 16 or 17 when I had my accident and became a quadriplegic.
    Anyway thank you for the replies are not sure what happened and why you are getting an error.
    Also when I open up graphic designer I'm getting an error message, I made a screen capture of the which I will post may be sent to the technical support.
    Thanks again I will read through your stuff once more regards Mark
    IP

hello again stranger good to hear from you again, well regarding my work there must have been a fluke that I got it.
    I will go step by step and show screen captures when I do it to show you what happens with the different spacing.
    One nice looking back at the original tutorial, I saw that you make text on one side which I forgot about.
    I'll try to make the text in xara, no wonder it's not working you have to do it in graphic designer.
    I will do the other steps first and show you that and then I will attempt text eventuate.
    They were the only pictures quickly I could grab it would not be at offensive to the forum.
    That is a picture of me actually when I was 16 or 17 when I had my accident and became a quadriplegic.
    Anyway thank you for the replies are not sure what happened and why you are getting an error.
    Also when I open up graphic designer I'm getting an error message, I made a screen capture of the which I will post may be sent to the technical support.
    Thanks again I will read through your stuff once more regards Mark
    Hello again, here are some screen captures, they may not be in order, to what they should be.
    One of the screen captures you showing what I need to do with line spacing to get it to make the same distance between each other circles is in your drawing.
    There was another line spacing drawing the result, I think it is 72% that I needed to do to achieve your same distance between two circles.
    I only did press the enter key once.
    We need to get this right before I tried the text business, there is something you mentioned previously regarding text I was not sure what that was, something about group.
    Thanks again for your help, we will get there eventually, but at least I have achieved a double sided circle with two faces at last.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double sided circle for Xara Forum.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	93386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Circle one.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	93387  

Name:	Circle with line spacing.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	93388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Circle with needed line spacing.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	93389  

IP

Looks good Mark. The second image top row doesn't look right yet. I think you need to adjust the y values so there is no dark crescent showing.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

hello again thank you for the info, first of all when I make a circle in graphic designer what format should it be in when you make it as there was a number of selections to choose from different quality resolution.
    Then I use the edit, copy, and pasted into xara from what you say.
    I will start their first and then go step by step.
    Hope your holiday was good, I did not realise you are back, regards Mark
    hi again, yes but I still have two change the line spacing to get it to do what your one did, only pressing enter once, it puts it much lower then you're one which is why I have to use the line spacing.
    Regarding the other comment, every time I make it new project that's what happens, I've deleted the text cannot get rid of the animation, when I open up the program it starts off with animation in and out, I've tried everything to delete the animation which is what you are seeing at the back of that circle if that makes sense
    it is the 3-D cinema new feature that was in this version, I don't like it at all the scrolling text in and out up-and-down sideways.
    Any suggestions on how I can delete everything to have a new project?
    I will try to attempt text eventually, I was not sure what it meant by the group in one of your previous mentions above.
    Anyway it least we have got there to make a double sided circle with pictures, I want to make a square one because most of the pictures I have two are just the texture size which is a good feature someone gave me through the forum.
    I hope you understand what I'm talking about that circle with the other piece behind it like a half Moon.
    Regards Mark
    IP