Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Tutorial forWheels

Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Default Re: Tutorial forWheels

Nice solution Larry.
    IP

Thanks Gary, I hope Wheels can come to terms with it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Thanks Gary, I hope Wheels can come to terms with it.
    hello all I finally found your tutorial under searching for my name (wheels), was not in the forum part I thought it was going to be.
    I have attached images after following your instructions to show you where I get up to. With regards to the circle when I copied into xara you will see it does not have a black circle, just giving the heads up what to expect when you see the attachments.
    Regards Mark

After uploading they did not put in order unfortunately but he should be up to work it out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle 4.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	93142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle 1.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	93143  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle 2.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	93144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	circle 3.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	93145  

Last edited by wheels; 22 November 2012 at 02:06 AM.
    IP

OK Mark I think I see what is going on. You need to adjust the sliders in X3D until you get a perfect fit and placement. There are four sliders when you open the textures window. You may need to adjust all or perhaps only one or two until you get a perfect fit of your image. From what I’m seeing in your post it looks like you may need to adjust both the size, and the Y slider.
    Another thing that does not look right is you have both circles side by side. Had you done it correctly, I think only one will show up at a time in the main window. Each is selected and textured one at a time.
    You can select one from the text options if you wish but it is often easier to use the I-beam cursor in the main window.
    You must get the black Page break between circles.

Name:	page break.png 
Views:	250 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	93146

Name:	2012-11-21_233749.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	93148
    This is more or less what you have now.

Name:	showing circle about to be selected.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	93147
    This shows a circle about to be selected, although I have already textured and beveled it.

Play with the texture sliders and see what they do. And above all have fun.
    Let me know how things turn out.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

OK Mark I think I see what is going on. You need to adjust the sliders in X3D until you get a perfect fit and placement. There are four sliders when you open the textures window. You may need to adjust all or perhaps only one or two until you get a perfect fit of your image. From what I’m seeing in your post it looks like you may need to adjust both the size, and the Y slider.
    Another thing that does not look right is you have both circles side by side. Had you done it correctly, I think only one will show up at a time in the main window. Each is selected and textured one at a time.
    You can select one from the text options if you wish but it is often easier to use the I-beam cursor in the main window.
    You must get the black Page break between circles.

Views:	250 
ID:	93146

Name:	2012-11-21_233749.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	93148
    This is more or less what you have now.

Name:	showing circle about to be selected.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	93147
    This shows a circle about to be selected, although I have already textured and beveled it.

Play with the texture sliders and see what they do. And above all have fun.
    Let me know how things turn out.
    when I created a circle in designer graphic designer, I copied it, and pasted it into X 3-D.
    The circle which was created was not black as you can see by the diagram are supplied.
    I put a texture picture on one circle , using the exact description after that with the I-beam and the up arrow is where it could circles side-by-side I do believe off memory putting the circle side-by-side. I cannot get them above each other in your description, that's where something is going wrong.
    IP

I am going out of town for Thanksgiving so I won't be able to help further until Sunday evening at the earliest.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

Maybe I should have posted this in the 3D forum so someone else might see it and jump in to help.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

OK Mark perhaps the easiest way to do this

Views:	459 
ID:	93228

Is make your circle in XPG and copy then in X3D (any version) in the main window from the edit munu paste, then using the I-beam cursor with nothing selected press Enter one time and you should see a blank screen with the I-beam cursor still showing then paste again this will give you what I am showing in the text window above. Now select one circle with the I-beam and texture it, then turn off the I-beam then turn it on again (I don't know if this is necessary, but it is for me) select the other circle and texture it with your other image. Now when you animate you will have a two sided animation. This works best for me if I check the box (show the front face only).
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP

OK Mark perhaps the easiest way to do this

Views:	459 
ID:	93228

Is make your circle in XPG and copy then in X3D (any version) in the main window from the edit munu paste, then using the I-beam cursor with nothing selected press Enter one time and you should see a blank screen with the I-beam cursor still showing then paste again this will give you what I am showing in the text window above. Now select one circle with the I-beam and texture it, then turn off the I-beam then turn it on again (I don't know if this is necessary, but it is for me) select the other circle and texture it with your other image. Now when you animate you will have a two sided animation. This works best for me if I check the box (show the front face only).
    hello again thank you for the info, first of all when I make a circle in graphic designer what format should it be in when you make it as there was a number of selections to choose from different quality resolution.
    Then I use the edit, copy, and pasted into xara from what you say.
    I will start their first and then go step by step.
    Hope your holiday was good, I did not realise you are back, regards Mark
    IP