Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Tree on November 28th

I was working with Filter Forge today to create a seamless velvet texture and I decided to put together a red velvet tree skirt with white fur trim for our TG tree. The skirt is done with a stained glass transparency and fits right over the existing one in the tree photo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TG Tree skirt.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	93288  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I've got the file; let me get to editing it in today, Frances.

I'm reworking the overall image and have a contribution to make, under the tree.

-g

Sorry I have taken a different take on the challenge and I hope you don't mind Gare. I have a grandson who is 3 who I look after when my daughter is working, since I have retired in August. I have been trying to improve his motor skills by drawing, cutting out and making things. When I read about your idea of not having a Christmas show like Gary had, I thought, I would involve my grandson, so I came up with the idea of the bird. To cut a story short my grandson made up the criteria that it must be a robin have a Paisley pattern be red, brown and green and yellow.

The assembly instructions is my criteria as I am trying to get him to read and follow instructions. I know the language is above him but when I read it out I simplify them and they are for all to follow. I do apologize for the file size but that happens and we have made the dec. so it now hangs in his bedroom. These files are open for anyone to use how they please. I know it's early but to all "Have a Happy Holiday Season" and the lord I hope you and I will not lose our temper when shopping with our loved ones.

Name:	Bird_ass_ins.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	93298   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bird_Dec.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	93299  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xmax_dec.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	145.6 KB 
ID:	93300  
    Last edited by Albacore; 29 November 2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    Design is thinking made visual.

Your Grandson's entry is just fine and beautiful, albacore. I understood and I think we all accept your gift without further rationalization, and thanks! Yes, the file sizes are on the hefty side, but that's an incredible amount of work, very intricate, and gang, please download and give this little gem a good look!

I'll add it to the collection shortly (I hope! I'm swamped this season!)

As I think I mentioned when I first pitched the thought to tg, that this is all about:

• Self-expression.

• Good will.

• Compassion, tolerance, beauty, the power of faith, the joy in your soul, no reservations.

If any of the above strikes a resonant chord, then GOOD! It’s a terrific start for an ornament, or a menorah for the mantle, or a shining star drawing to guide us, you get the idea.

Gary Priester's events and his stewardship of the Xara Xone have proven to be an nearly impossible act to match or follow, so I've chosen to just try to break different ground, and want whatever we collectively create to be inclusive above all else.

So your work, your grandson's, your friend's...all Things Spirited and Kind and Wondrous are welcome!

My Best,

Gary

Whew!

Okay, here's the late November 29th edition.

Frances, integrating that skirt was a challenge! Brush strokes are ungainly and I hope I did it justice by converting it to a bitmap and then toning areas. The white was "whiter than white". Folks, if you'd like to download Frances' skirt file, she has some lovely fine detail in it that unfortunately is lost in this small JPEG. I need to put the reindeer ornament back; as you can see, I've reworked the file. It's 300 dpi and about 8 by 10" now. More tomorrow I hope. We could use some toys and stuff, too.

The nutcracker—from a certain perspective—has its origins in Xara. I draw all the paths and then extruded and performed other operations on them in a modeling program.

The tree is looking splendid. You should all be very, very pleased and proud of your work toward this common goal!

Name:	Nutcracker.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	93304 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xmas-tree-Nov-29th.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	93305

Note that we have plenty of red spherical shapes and could use others and perhaps a bough of tinsel as we work our way up the tree? Christine, thanks for the baubles file—your colors help break up some of the repetitive colors. Perhaps next year we can pick a color, such as red, and do next year's tree in one unified color!

-g

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The tree is looking beautiful The skirt looks lovely! Thank you Gary!

For anyone who might like them I've decided to post the red velvet texture and 2 different white fur brushes down in the clipart forum
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

These used to be in the shareware section but I don't think they are now.

Christine

Name:	Tinsel Brushes.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	93318  

I have been busy too. You may use any or all whatever you wish. Whatever you do not use I"ll use somewhere else.

Name:	ornaments.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	93327

ornament-4-4.xar
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Whatever you do not use I"ll use somewhere else.
    No pressure, eh, Larry?

I'll add them today, okay?

Thanks!

Gary

Here's how we're looking on TGIF, the last day of November...

Name:	Nov30tree.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	93328

I think it's a wonder! Would anyone like a perspective guide to draw gift wrap packages beneath the tree?

-g