Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop up full image from snippet

I'd like to be able to display only a snippet of the full image in the Mouse Off layer and then have the full image display when the snippet is clicked.

I thought I'd seen this in some web page example, but I can't locate it and none of the settings I've tried can accomplish it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Popup Full Image.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	93116

Default Re: Pop up full image from snippet

Add the full portion to a new layer that you create in the Page and Layer Gallery. Then use a Website Properties > Mouse-over > Show Popup Layer to link to the new layer.

Thanks for the suggestion.

It works ... sort of. The large image appears ... and when I click on it, it closes. But it lacks the "wrapper" of the normal popups. There is no "X" indicator that the user sees for other popups. And the image can't be moved around like others can.

I can see how to add a backdrop with an "X" for each such image ... but is there a way to tap into what already exists and have the best of both worlds?

Open the attached.

The first thumbnail shows a pop up on mouse over and closes as soon as the mouse is off the pop up.

In the image that says Click, the pop up has a small red X button which I added. The button is unnecessary because the pop up will close no matter where the visitor clicks. But the button gives the indication that the pop up can be closed by clicking the button.

The difference is the top thumbnail links to the layer via the Mouse-over function, the second links to the pop up via the Link > Show Pop-up Layer.

Actually, at no additional charge, I have provided a serving suggestion for the second pop up. You can deconstruct the page to see how it works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 20 November 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks for the examples. The top one will actually work well for the particular graphic I'm working on.

But, since the drag behavior appears to be provided by some plug-in that can't be "configured in", I decided to try a couple of other things. What appears to work is a combination of two options ... as shown in the attached screen capture. I replaced the "normal displayed image" with the full chessboard. Then I made a PNG file of the snippet and designated it as the placeholder image using the Replace with graphic file option. It works just like I was hoping it would ... and it doesn't require an extra layer to manage.

My only concern is that I'm introducing something that will have some downside for the actual web site operation. Otherwise, this is the result I was after.

Name:	PopupSolution.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	93120

If it works, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Contours View Post
    Thanks for the examples. The top one will actually work well for the particular graphic I'm working on.

But, since the drag behavior appears to be provided by some plug-in that can't be "configured in", I decided to try a couple of other things. What appears to work is a combination of two options ... as shown in the attached screen capture. I replaced the "normal displayed image" with the full chessboard. Then I made a PNG file of the snippet and designated it as the placeholder image using the Replace with graphic file option. It works just like I was hoping it would ... and it doesn't require an extra layer to manage.

My only concern is that I'm introducing something that will have some downside for the actual web site operation. Otherwise, this is the result I was after.

Name:	PopupSolution.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	93120
    I'm afraid I don't quite understand this.
    Would it be too much to ask you to share a demo .xar file showing your method?

My previous screen capture shows the result at runtime. Here's the way it looks in development mode. The ClippedPhoto.PNG is just the snippet exported as a PNG ... then used in the Replace with graphic file option. You won't see any replacement until you Preview web page.

Hope this helps.

Name:	Development Mode.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	93122