Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The November 2012 Giveaway of the Month - Gift wrapping with Xara

Gift wrapping with Xara

For this month's XaraXone Giveaway, Gare and Angelize worked together to present you with Holiday gift boxes. It is an elegant illustration just in time for the Holidays. The Giveaway includes wrapping paper textures, and a detailed tutorial on how to customize the drawing--adding the wrapping patterns and how to change the bow colors using Named Color in Xara.

Show us your wrapping prowess here. Feel free to use the provided wrapping paper patterns or invent your own.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Default Re: The November 2012 Giveaway of the Month - Gift wrapping with Xara

Thanks, Barbara.

Actually, this month's Giveaway might also tie into our Holiday celebration, seeing as the tree that members are going to decorate might need some presents underneath. And if you work Frances' steps this month, you have two closed boxes to begin with, three different sheets of gift wrap, if you've been following the Xone this year, you know how to make seamless tiling textures, and the bows on the gifts are Named Colors, so they can instantly become gold, blue, and if you can do Argyle, I'll hoist my flagon of hot chocolate to you.

This is fun and spirited stuff. Tuck in!

My Best,

Gary

Here's four additional sheets of seamless tiling gift wrap, so you don't have to run out to the store in the freezing weather last minute!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-more-gift-papers.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	93078

Thanks to the folks at Filter Forge for creating such a wonderful product that makes kaleidoscopic imaging a snap!

If anyone needs higher resolution files (for printing or whatever), let me know.

My Best,

Gary
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you Gare, those might come in handy.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Hi,
    Thanks for the gift Wrapping textures and the other free stuff...never know when I willl be looking for textures.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

You're welcome, Jim.

Now, your end of the deal is to use the tutorial steps to put them on the boxes, and then post an image so we can see your work.

Fair's fair, dude.

-g

Looks like I'll be getting another Argyle sweater for Christmas from Aunt Emma

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Argyle.png 
Views:	175 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	93175  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

That looks warm and cozy Stygg!

I've raided my files and come with a couple of holiday tiles. You can easily recolour the snowflakes tile by changing the contone colours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snowflakes wrap.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	93181   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peppermint Stripes.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	93182  

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Two nice tiles Francis, thanks for sharing.

Stygg

Hi everyone,

Here are a few more textures from the Filter Forge team generated specially for this thread.

-- Mark
    Attached Files Attached Files