Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default are xara websites search engine friendly?

I think I read somewhere on this forum that websites created with xara are not search engine friendly. Is there any truth to this or can anyone give some details?

I don't know anything about SEO at this stage but I found an old thread that lists some issues
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-Xara-Websites

Are any of these still valid?

From searching in designer pro X help for "search engine" I see it mentioned a couple of times, suggesting that xara people are aware of SEO issues and that xara websites are probably ok from an SEO point of view. Is this the case?

Thanks for any information.

Default Re: are xara websites search engine friendly?

They are as search engine friendly as the creator makes them. For example, if you have descriptive page names, individual page and website descriptions, and good interesting content, and if you enter your website URL so Xara can prepare a site index, then I should think they are very search engine friendly.

We provide an SEO service to our clients and those who have paid for the service are in the top ten for their keyword at least and most are number one (using sites design with xara) Follow the simple rules below to get good listing

1. ORIGINAL content, don't copy and paste someone elses
    2. The keyword must be in the page title, as a heading and in the body
    3. Try and get the keyword in the domain name for example www.bobscateringleeds.co.uk
    4. Have the description field in the web properties with a portion of the body text
    5. Fill in the keywords in web properties, maximum of 9 and have 1,2,3 and 4 word keywords (not important these days but google might change their mind, better safe than sorry)
    6. Upload a sitemap to the server
    7. Register with google webmaster tools
    8. Submit the site to as many sites such as directories as you can, yahoo directory is best
    9. try and get backlinks from .edu and .gov forums/sites

And remember it can take a couple of months for the site to appear where it should.
    In short their is nothing in xara which is good or bad for SEO, it's as good as any other web design solution (in fact in some aspects it is easier).
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

A lot of companies would charge a king's ransom for that advice. Thanks Sketch for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    A lot of companies would charge a king's ransom for that advice. Thanks Sketch for sharing.
    Hi,

We did nothing special, just good web design and relevant content. We rose to the top within a day or two and get calls all the time saying we were found on Google. Very pleased with Xara.

Ali

Ali - Good relevant content is almost a given. Without that, all the SEO tips and tricks are pretty much worthless.

Wow Skech, valuable information, you should be applauded for sharing such value...........so here you go
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Thanks, just happy to share what I have learnt on this forum. Also to add to the points above; make it clear in your mind just what is a viable market for you, if your service is something like a hairdressers then aim for your local areas, simply by having your areas name on the site. Google is making searches more and more relevant to local searches, so if you type in hairdressers it will usually list the ones near you. If you are a business with a national market then follow the rules above plus update your content as much as you can on a regular basis.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk