Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Running Xara on Mac OS X with shared font support and without Windows/VM!

this is a little off on a tangent because it doesn't adress the issue of mac-only users
    the way i have used xara when on my mac is by using teamviewer across the network
    it means i dont have to switch from one desk to another just to change a file
    i have used virtualbox to run xara on a linux box and it's a very good solution
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: Running Xara on Mac OS X with shared font support and without Windows/VM!

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
    Another, free, option is VirtualBox which I intend to test ASAP.
    Well, that was quick. Xara runs just fine in VirtualBox.

VirtualBox "Seamless" mode is their equivalent of VMware Fusion's "Unity" and Parallel's "Coherence" modes.
    Clipboard support is good.
    Can't get drag and drop to work but I expect with some more effort that would work.

I still prefer VMware as it feels like a more polished solution.

I'd still like Xara to offer some sort of Mac support.

I'd still like Xara to offer some sort of Mac support.
    I really would not because it would only divert already limited resources away from program development. Anyway, there seem to be enough solutions available to be able to use Xara software on a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I really would not because it would only divert already limited resources away from program development.
    There are many other ways to achieve a Mac version than having the same development team split their time to do it.

It's more about Xara/Magix being confident that they can recoup their development, maintenance and marketing costs for an additional platform.

Do you have a link to where they've stated that?

Do you have a link to where they've stated that?
    No company needs to state that. Nobody engages on a project that loses them money.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    No company needs to state that. Nobody engages on a project that loses them money.
    I was actually more interested in if there had been a proper statement, rather than hot air from some guy on a forum.

I guess not.

There are many other ways to achieve a Mac version than having the same development team split their time to do it.
    such as?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I was actually more interested in if there had been a proper statement, rather than hot air from some guy on a forum.

I guess not.

No, you're right, no hot air, just an opinion. Drop the attitude.

This has been discussed in the past and there was a statement from Xara, but that was some time ago.