Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using an animated gif in a Xara web page

Dear Experts,

What is the best way to include an animated gif into a Xara web page? Specifically, what if I want to animate the flame of a candle, or a glint on a piece of metal? I am a complete Xara animation noob. For some reason known only to myself, I have always used another program for making animated gifs. If it is easier animating within Xara for a Xara web page, please do say. Am happy to learn new skills (about time, some would say). Odd how we get set in our software ways...

Thanks in advance for all opinions.

Ali

Default Re: Using an animated gif in a Xara web page

Create your animated GIF in any program you wish. Then drag and drop the GIF file onto the page. I did this from my desktop. Any folder in Windows Explorer will work as well.

Et voila! That's all there is to it.

Here's an example of an animated button. When you preview the page and mouse over the button it links via Mouse-Over to a new layer with a GIF animation that is linked to a website.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Here's an example of an animated button. When you preview the page and mouse over the button it links via Mouse-Over to a new layer with a GIF animation that is linked to a website.
    Thanks Gary! I will have a play with those suggestions later. I got quite far last night doing what you suggest in your first response... i.e. just dragging an animated gif file on to a page. I think the only thing i am still wondering is what can aid positioning. When I drag a file in I get just a white box, so it's difficult to know exactly where to place the gif if it is has a background to it that must be matched. I've only dragged in files made outside xara, which is why I was wondering whether xara-made animated gifs retained some kind of outline, preview or even original appearance. That would certainly make me learn the animation tools immediately!

Thanks again for your quick and comprehensive help, which is always appreciated.

Ali

Glad to help.

The small GIF I used for the mouse over button appears as created. But it only animates if in a web page layout. I tried it on a drawing page and it does not work in Preview Page view.