Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pheonix goddess rune

Being a writer of fantasy fiction I thought I'd have a go a designing a rune for a pheonix (I've been wanting to do a bit of fiction based on the legend of the pheonix for years)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RUNE OF THE PHEONIX GODDESS.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	93017

The story begind the pheonix in question is that every thousand years, a pheonix goddess chooses a team of 'champions' (renown elite warriors) to ensure that every thousand years she's reborn, otherwise the earth'll be plunged into twenty thousand years of darkness and ruled by demons. The animation I did on the pheonix being reborn's less then twenty seconds long and was influenced by the Map Room sequence in Raiders of The lost Ark (No doubt someby with 3d animation software'd do a far better job but who says computer animation has to be done by pros and in 3d.

I used the letter J from a font called Eldar (Warhammer 40,000 anybody?) Runes and the arial font and placed the rune in a circle.
    Last edited by SCALEBACK666; 13 November 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Default Re: Pheonix goddess rune

Quote Originally Posted by SCALEBACK666 View Post

...The story begind the pheonix in question is that every thousaund years, a pheonix goddess chooses a team of 'champions' (elite warriors) to ensure that every thousand years she's reborn otherwise the earth'll be plunged into twenty thousand years of darkness and ruled by demons the animation I did on the pheonix being reborn's less then twenty seconds long and was influnced by the Map Room sequence in Raiders of The lost Ark (No doubt someby with 3f animation software'd do a far better job but who says computer animation has to be done by pros and in 3d.
    Wow, 1 run-on sentence and you need a spell checker.
    ~Fred

Looks good but the symbol strikes me as being a bit too large to fit properly in your circle shape. Personally I think the symbol should not overlap the bevel, but, that's just my opinion.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Looks good, SB. I agree with Larry though. I wouldn't overlap the bevel with the symbol.

What I did was use the letter J from a free downloadable font called Eldar Runes* and use the arial font brackets for the rest.

*Free to download