Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Saving gradients

I made a multicolor gold gradient the I want to use several times. Is there any way to save it so I have it for future use? I'm using XP&D7 by the way.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: Saving gradients

you could copy your gradient filled (I'm assuming we are talking about a linear fill here) object to the clipboard and create a new document, and in this new document create a rectangle and edit past attributes to give the rectangle the gradient fill. Now save this document under whatever name you like and anytime you want to use this fill you can drag and drop from explorer to drop the gradient filled rectangle into your current drawing and use the copy and edit paste attributes to apply the fill to whatever shape you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You are apparently looking for a similar function to that in Illustrator. I agree with Frances, her suggestion is the best approach. You can also use the same technique to save lots of other custom fills and palettes.
    Mike Emerson The Graphics Factory, Freelance Graphic Artist

Yes, Frances, I thought I might have to make a template. I should have posted an example of what I need to do. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gold.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	93019 Duplicating that gradient over over again accurately would be really hard. Your way is a variant of what I planned to do so that looks like my plan of action. Thanks. By the way, your tutorial on making certificates was really good

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

yes the paste attributes route is the best way to go for this. And Thanks, I'm glad that the tutorial was helpful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.