Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Page Guide

Default Page Guide

Hello Xara fans, I have an issue, for some time now I am seeing a guideline stuck to the bottom of my page. I do not like it, I like the old style where you just grab the bottom of the page. How do I turn this off. I have done a search here many times and never find anyone posting about this. Can I turn this off, why is it there, does a bear ____ in the woods? .. Please make it go away. I like my page clean or at the least I would like to have the option to turn it off. Thank you for your time.

stephen

Default Re: Page Guide

Stephen can you post an image so we can see what you are talking about?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Not sure what you are referring to. If it is a "guideline", it is on the "Guides" layer and can easily be deleted. If you don't want to delete it, you can turn the layer's visibility off. If you are referring to the page separator, it only appears when there are multiple pages withing the document. In that case, either do not create multiple pages or turn the "Multiple Page View" off.
    Mike Emerson The Graphics Factory, Freelance Graphic Artist

To hide the page bottom guideline:

If you don't want to change the page size by dragging then go to the Page Size tab in the Options dialog and turn on "Lock page size".

If you do want to change the page size by dragging but don't want to see the page guide then you can disable it in the registry setting this value to 0:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\8.1\Opti ons\Rendering\ShowPageEdgeMarker

(Replace the "XtremePro\8.1" with the program and version you are running.)

Usual disclaimer: Be very careful when editing the registry by hand. You do so at your own risk.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhilM View Post
    To hide the page bottom guideline:

If you don't want to change the page size by dragging then go to the Page Size tab in the Options dialog and turn on "Lock page size".

If you do want to change the page size by dragging but don't want to see the page guide then you can disable it in the registry setting this value to 0:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro\8.1\Opti ons\Rendering\ShowPageEdgeMarker

(Replace the "XtremePro\8.1" with the program and version you are running.)

Usual disclaimer: Be very careful when editing the registry by hand. You do so at your own risk.

Phil
    Ahh, you are amazing!! Thanks. Yes, I was referring to the page marker, that did the trick. I mean I see it can be useful when you cant see the page background to be able to grab it but still most of the time it just looks like a guide that cant be removed so I would rather not have to see it.
    Last edited by sgiff; 13 November 2012 at 11:08 PM.