Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi folks,

First, sorry for the high bandwidth used for my samples in this thread. I agree, to a certain extent, that this usage might appear excessive for what anyone eventually gets out of it. None the less, I felt it interesting enough to post it.

I know there are (Terragen) purists out there that like the way Terragen renders. I do too. I also like to experiment and tweak (if need be) in a filter called KPT Equalizer. It comes with KPT 6, but I had actually D-loaded long before 6 came out, and it was free (when Metacreations sold singles) as a bonus before their ship sank (insert bugles here). I digress.

Anyway, I just thought I'd display a few "extrem" settings, to give an idea what it can do. Oftentimes, only a few adjustments will do.

I will post these consecutively,.. and by now - they should be loaded.

Take care, Wayne
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	samples.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	109.1 KB 
ID:	16684  

Hi folks,

First, sorry for the high bandwidth used for my samples in this thread. I agree, to a certain extent, that this usage might appear excessive for what anyone eventually gets out of it. None the less, I felt it interesting enough to post it.

I know there are (Terragen) purists out there that like the way Terragen renders. I do too. I also like to experiment and tweak (if need be) in a filter called KPT Equalizer. It comes with KPT 6, but I had actually D-loaded long before 6 came out, and it was free (when Metacreations sold singles) as a bonus before their ship sank (insert bugles here). I digress.

Anyway, I just thought I'd display a few "extrem" settings, to give an idea what it can do. Oftentimes, only a few adjustments will do.

I will post these consecutively,.. and by now - they should be loaded.

Take care, Wayne

Name:	original_sample.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	5868  

Name:	eq'd_sample.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	17446  

Not much of a filter person myself. But I do like the 2nd pic.

--Randy R

Man that Terragen is one fine piece of software [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Indeed a landscape I wouldn't mind walking in. It's got an atmosphere with oxygen et all. Very inspiring.

About Kai's Powertools: in my opinion they're unsurpassed up to now. I mean those that were made by-, or with the guidance of Kai himself.

I still have a liking for KPT3 as it always gives me a boast of creativity when I open one from the long list. Everyone of these tells me over and over again: "Hey, don't become too serious. Digital art can be fun too..."
    Some other sets may indeed be more useful, but remember Oscar Wilde's intro to The portrait of Dorian Grey????