Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Thank You On Remembrance Day and Every Day!

A heart felt Thank You to all the men and women who have served their respective countries in times of war and peace, and to those who are still serving.

It doesn't matter where or when or what flag you serve or served under, as well as remembering those who gave their lives I wear a poppy each November also to say thank you to those sacrificed in so many other ways and those who still do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: Thank You On Remembrance Day and Every Day!

If I may be a spokesman here I'll say thank you for all those who won't. So thank you Frances.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks Frances. I was a member of the U.S. Air Force during the 1970s, 1980s, and part of the 1990s.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

My dad was stationed on an advance carrier in WWII, and he mercifully spared me a lot of the war stories when he was alive.

I salute you, dad, as I do all the brave patriots who keep our corner of the Earth free with their minds, their bodies, and far too often their souls.

-g

Just happened to look at my mobile phone, and this is what I saw.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11_11.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	92987

Coincidence, or what?

I'm not making up what happened, by the way.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Well said, Frances.

Thanks, Frances.

I had a few people who knew that I was Vet say, "thank you".

What really erks me though is very few employers that I am aware of acknowledge the vets that work for them. Neither a verbal or email acknowledgement ... or (wishfull thinking) comp time. Seems to me Vets Day is regarded as a meaningless holiday by non-governmental employers, just something to tolerate.

grumble, grumble

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

It's nice to see the responses in this thread. I'm not an employer, but Remembrance Day or Veterans Day or what ever else it may called in other countries is more than a meaningless holiday to me. I don't consider it a holiday but rather a day to take the time to remember why I have the freedom that many take for granted. My grandfather was a veteran of WWII, he was stationed in the Netherlands in 1944 and he was one of many Allied troops that made the harrowing trips across the river at Nijmegen to rescue those who were trapped on the other side when the bridge was blown up. And my father in Law served in the American Air Force as a radio jeep operator in Korea during the Korean War. I think it's important to say thank you to all who serve or have served.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

It's interesting to see what you guys posted here.
    As for me I was a radio operator in the tactical air control party, forward air control team. Most of the time I had to carry heavy radio gear as well as my pack.
    I took place in the Cuban missile blockade. Shortly Vietnam flared up; at first we could be shot at but not shoot back.
    Returning to Okinawa from a 3 month float, was the day President Kennedy was assassinated, they announced it over the ships PA and we almost didn't get off the ship.
    Another time we packed all our gear and loaded it aboard aircraft and off we went out over the ocean. I was must have been tired because I fell asleep and when I awoke it was dark and shortly we came in for a landing. None of us knew where we were when we got off the plane, but, as it turned out, we were back at the same place we started from.
    Did I ever go to Vietnam? No, thankfully, but so close so many times.
    During my last year of service I no longer carried a radio; instead I drove a radio jeep.
    Enough of this from me. But I bet Rik, and many of you have a tale or two.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.