Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default website page sizes... can you explain

website page sizes... can you explain the different sizes available.

do they show up different on different devices?
    do they resize automatically on different browsers?
    how big can a custom web page be?
    how long can a page be? or recommended?

i started a pretty big website...now i feel like its to skinny is there a way to resize it? or do i have to tweek each page? (35+ pages)

thank you all for any input!

Frank

Default Re: website page sizes... can you explain

Frank there are as many resolutions as there are devices, laptop monitors will typically be in the 1366pxx768px area, desktop monitors will be even larger with 2000px+ on some large monitors. Ipads are 1024px x 768px and iphones will have a similar resolution to that using the retina display but physically the resolution is 960px x 640px, other smartphones (or at least the new ones) have similar resolutions as well.

The single best web page width size is 955px, leave it at that and it will be displayed correctly on all devices (except old ones like blackberrys), at this resolution there will be no need to manually zoom to fit on the apple devices or any desktop/laptop devices. Web pages display differently on different devices mainly due to the browser rather than the screen resolution. Some sites you see will be done with %sizes and will change to fit the screen but xara sites are fixed width.

In terms of the length I find around 1200px - 1800px is about fine, I have seen some sites with 5000px and above and the drawback of this is that it is a bad user experience, people just don't like to scroll and scroll.

How wide is your site, can you post a link so that the forum users can check the site, what you may find too skinny may be what others are fine with.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk