Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: How did you get involved with Xaa or other graphics software?

All these stories are really quite interesting. I found Xara through a forum for another software. I was using an old outdated version of Illustrator that was given to me by a friend and a second hand version of Pagemaker 6.5 to cobble together the paper I was saving what little I could for a software and computer upgrade. I also had copy of Artrage mostly as a hobby kind of thing and I was lurking on their forum when I came across post mentioning a program with a funny name Curiosity and a Google search lead me to Xara.com and I found everything I needed in one program! And for less money than one of the Adobe programs I was looking at before! I downloaded the trial for Xtreme Pro 3.2 and loved it. The rest as they say is history!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I got started with Wordwise on my first ever computer, my old BBC Micro, which I still have in a cupboard somewhere. Those were heady times: the explosive growth of home computing meant that people were doing new and amazing things (at the time) every week. And all with a 2Mhz 6502 processor with 32K of RAM!

That set me on the path to computing as a career and after graduating in Microprocessor Engineering from Essex University my first job was with Computer Concepts.

I've worked for Computer Concepts and Xara ever since, working my way through various Atari ST, Archimedes and PC projects.

Phil

I just got the Photo Ultimate 10/Magix Photo & Graphic Designer 6. I did some editing on a photo and went to save it and it did not let me choose Save As. What I would like is to save the original and save the edited one too. Could you explain how do do this???

use 'export' instead of 'save'

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yep Handrawn is right File> export is what you want. Now to get back on topic Stacy and Handrawn how did you two find Xara and get started with graphics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

it's nice to be right occasionally

I got a demo of Magix Samplitude 11 Pro (DAW studio software) while working with Reaper and previously Sonar and Cubase. This led me to getting their latest Pro X Suite last year. I opted for the Magix newsletter which is where I saw the Xara MX Premium trial.

I had been trying, on and off, to hand code a website for 5 years without it coming together. Now I can see a lot more results after being an MX Premium user for just a few weeks - I had no idea how crazy an idea it was to hand-code a modern website. I would have still been at it ten years from now.
    Windows 7 32bit - Xara MX Premium