Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't Say

In fear of copyright issues, I cannot say what this file is... however, you can download it if you promise not to tell anyone. I've seen a couple of posts with this in it, so I thought I'd show you mine. I did it about a year ago for boredom purposes! Take a look [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

In fear of copyright issues, I cannot say what this file is... however, you can download it if you promise not to tell anyone. I've seen a couple of posts with this in it, so I thought I'd show you mine. I did it about a year ago for boredom purposes! Take a look [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Steve - You can't always trust this forum's download numbers. I downloaded your file ten minutes ago and it says none have been downloaded as I write this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] I guess I don't count.

Anyways, enough wallowing in self pitty, I opened your drawing and was surprised. Is that your family? You've done a fine job of copyright infringement! Actually they are drawn very well. They look so much better than all the poor quality gifs floating around the web sea.

Next time why not develop your own characters? If you developed charactures of the regulars who use this forum, I'm sure it would be very funny. Base them on how we come across rather than how we look. For example Gary would look like a guru...

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

That's a very good idea! I'll have to waite till I'm finished with my building, my car, and my new motorcycle that I will be working on for a while! Plus I need to get my Wacom Intuos before I start any character drawings. You'd think it would be very busy, but it's pretty nice actually, once you get frusterated w/ one, you go on to another, then another one, then in a couple of months you have three complete pieces! Anyway, I don't know if you've gotten it yet, but I've posted it on two other posts that I've seen you on and it says zero downloads (Don't know if you were talking about the one I just posted, or the galaxy one). Anyway, if you still havn't gotten it, here it is again!!

Steve Newport
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Steve, I did get the galaxy and find it very attractive. The shadows of the names cast onto the planets was a nice touch. The thing I was talking about - blended fractals rendering onscreen - doesn't really happen in your drawing the way I meant. I tried unsuccessfully to track down where I originally saw it. I think it was in the part of the original XaraXone where it had a gallery of .xar and .web files. I believe the image was drawn by Klaus Nordby and it was a remarkably small file size. Perhaps Gary knows the file and where to find it.

I went to Klaus' site and found no xara drawings anymore but I did find great writing on Objectivism.

Regards, Ross

PS - I couldn't find the secret message you said was in the drawing ???

I know exactly which image you mean. It was in the NON forum gallery that was linked from the xara homepage a while ago. It was where people just posts pictures and people could comment about them. I found it when I first decided to come to the xara page. I posted a few things there and even then had very little traffic. The picture I believe you are talking about was a kind of supernova-looking image. But they took the gallery down, sooo, oh well! It did have a really sweet rendering though, it inspired me to try it... guess why you havn't seen an image like that from me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !?!? Yea, I made the galaxy image a long time ago, before I saw that, so it doesn't have a lot of new techniques I know.
    C-ya

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Ross: "I went to Klaus' site and found no xara drawings anymore but I did find great writing on Objectivism."

Oops, sorry! The Xara drawings are back now, but the pages are not updated from CX to XX - will do that shortly. So, Ross, are you interested in O-ism??? If so, good for you! (When visiting NY a week ago, I merrily socialized with Harry Binswanger, Allan Gotthelf and Robert Mahyew - if those O-ist names mean anything to you.)

K
    www.pixpush.com/klaus
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

My Supernova, which you guys are talking about, is to be found via my my Flare/WEB pages located at www.pixpush.com/xara.html

I shall shortly update all the blessedly outdated CorelXARA info, I promise!

K
    www.pixpush.com/klaus
    K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)

Klaus - Great to see those inspiring illustrations all over again. All are beautiful.

Regarding Objectivism: I have only a limited knowledge of objectivism, but know enough about it to know that it meshes with the way I see the world. I'm sorry I don't know who the people you mention are. I will go back to your site (and others too) and learn more about it.

Regards, Ross

Ross, thanks for your nice words about my X-art.

Feel free to contact me privately if you have questions about Objectivism - I know a thing or two, and can direct you to the most relevant literature if there are particular issues you'd like to know more about. But if you've not yet read Ayn Rand's novel "The Fountainhead" that's the best place to start - it's The Ultimate Bible for all creative people!

K
    www.pixpush.com/klaus
    K