Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Adobe Flash Player - How can I change the default settings

The problem with the slider Steve is that as soon as a Flash video starts up all by itself, the slider resets to the middle position. I use the speakers mixer slider quite a bit because I listen to Spotify so I need that to play, but I don't want system sounds, etc. They all behave and do what they're told except the Flash slider.

The advice I got from Adobe was to revert back one version. Which I have done. So we'll see.

ok Gary - lets hope the next version is more user friendly

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I do the same as Bill. I leave my headset plugged in and when I want to listen to something I put the headset on. It's also handy when I'm working on tutorial videos to have the headset right there plugged in and ready
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

looked further at this - the only thing I can think of is that maybe it's because I have Firefox set to disable plugins by default [I believe you can do this in chrome too]

once I have clicked to enabled a flash [on my home page] and set the flash volume control it does appear to hold for that browser session with any other pages I browse to that have flash plugins which I enable - not ideal, but workable if you use FireFox at least
    Last edited by handrawn; 11 November 2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: add 'which I enable'

Hi all, re the topic, right-click onto a Flash video, select settings, there are small icons at the bottom, the second one in is privacy, select deny for camera and microphones. cheers Derek

Hi all, I'm WRONG with my last reply, yes the flash designer should disable AUTO-PLAY, I thought the settings should solve the problem? I use Firefox web browser and unless I click onto a flash video it does'nt play? It must be the dark nights here Derek

greetings from the East Riding

actually the whole thing appears to work a lot more smoothly in Chrome than FireFox, without the issues with in-browser PDF readers the Fox click-to-play has, although it still does not solve Gary's problem with the latest Flash version....