Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Mobile site added to main site- but have a question

My main website is the standard size and works with most computers. I've also added a mobile link and use a QR code in my books and ads for mobile users to drop direct in. The only problem is I'm stuck to the 250 x 500 and really wanted a site that would automatically expand to the mobile screen. Does anyone know how to do this in Xara?

main site

mobile site

Default Re: Mobile site added to main site- but have a question

When you publish your site, Xara inserts a line of code to fit the page to a mobile screen. But it is not that successful and to be honest no one has offered a better solution.

Most mobile users automatically expand or contract the page.

Hi Keith. Nice site. Your mobile viewing link does not open for me, either as a link from the main site navigation tab, or on my iphone. In fact, if I type your domain into my iphone your site will not open at all. I have been playing around with mobile links for awhile and came to the conclusion that a small mini site is the easiest option. In fact, the biggest complaint from clients was that they wanted their sites to open as a full mini-site (that is, a mini version of their classic site), so I have stopped playing around with various mobile apps and contacted Xara. This is their advice, and my clients are soooo happy that I have not had a single complaint since adding this to all the sites. So you may want to throw away any mobile type apps, as research has shown that even ardent phone users prefer the classic site to one specifically designed for mobiles (go figure?!). Anyway, here is what you do (as advised by Xara).

Click on any object on the index page (I usually click on a coloured panel). Right click on it, choose NAMES, type in NoViewportMeta and then click add. SAVE, then EXPORT to your folder. Upload to the net, and whammo! You have a nice little mini version of your site that users can expand at will.

For now, this is a solution for my clients (and me). Some of the mobile sites I was using via third party did not display well, and the bottom of the page would either be cut off or squished. I have tried 5 different mobile applications, but have reverted to the mini site.

@Abikadabra you are a life saver! Not sure how you figured that out but MUCH THANKS!

I'd just like to offer some constructive criticism of the mobile site.

If I visited this site, I'd expect to be able to return to the home page at any time.

I'd like to know something about the author. I'd like to know their background and have a news section.

When I look at a book, before deciding to buy, I'd like a short synopsis - not bullet points.

The covers are OK, but pressing on a cover, should give me a larger version + access to a synopsis.

At the moment I don't think it's a good vehicle for sales or growing interest in the author.