Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Moving vector image to back

Why cant I do this and bring the bitmap infront.

Default Re: Moving vector image to back

Check your layers stacking order.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi qibla, can you post an example of what you are doing? is it possible for you to post a .xar file? I'm thinking that maybe you have things on different layers and you may need to move either your bitmap image or your vector image to a different layer or move layers about. This is what Sledger most likely means when he says to check your layers stacking order. Open the page and layers gallery, click the arrows to expand the layers and you can select items by clicking on them in the gallery listing and move them in the stack by dragging them up or down in the list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    Hi qibla, can you post an example of what you are doing? is it possible for you to post a .xar file? I'm thinking that maybe you have things on different layers and you may need to move either your bitmap image or your vector image to a different layer or move layers about. This is what Sledger most likely means when he says to check your layers stacking order. Open the page and layers gallery, click the arrows to expand the layers and you can select items by clicking on them in the gallery listing and move them in the stack by dragging them up or down in the list.
    I think so too! Many times I have moved something to back, then,t I get move layer to front(or back) after I have done that I get move to front (or back) as the case may be. Gibla watch the dialogue in the arrange menu and see if that is happening to you.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Wow
    Thanks guys. For a newbie I am getting my confidence and I feel I can take you guys on!!... lol!!! Wow.. thanks.
    It was a layer problem yes.
    When I put them together I could then shift them around! Thanks
    My only problem is I am "flat" designer and do not have a creative side to me and I feel shy to put my work up here but I am slowly getting there!
    Thanks for a wonderful forum and help guys.. Well done!!

Quote Originally Posted by qibla View Post
    Wow
    For a newbie I am getting my confidence and I feel I can take you guys on!!... lol!!! Wow.. thanks.
    Well, you're not so much a newbie now. We've been helping you with your questions since January 2011 on the Xara-Users forum