Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Zoom widgets in MX

I have a site using zoom widgets added from a previous version. Now with MX, I can't find those same widgets anywhere. I even bought the separate Widget Pack 1, but it has only 1 zoom widget, fewer than before, and which were also free. Were they removed from MX? If so, can I still use my older styles from the earlier versions?
    Last edited by Starhunter; 06 November 2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: clarify

Default Re: Zoom widgets in MX

I just had a look see and could not find them as you have noted. Why? Probably had something to do with licensing fees.

If you open your WD7 .web file in MX, are the widgets still there? Maybe that is the only way to get them into MX.

(What part of Northern California?)

They're still available and open OK using WD7. And they work when a WD7 site is saved from MX, thankfully. The WD7 widgets for the zoom feature did not allow dhtml resizing of the placeholder. But its widgets did have a choice for horizontal or vertical type photos, which is very important. And it had a choice for inside zoom vs. exterior photo zoom, both of which are really cool, and I miss them. So I guess I'll have to figure out the best way to combine WD7 and MX for photo displays - a minor pain. (I'm in the Berkeley area, BTW.)

We used to live at the other end of the fault line in Marin, in Black Point. We have always said if we ever have to leave the US and move to another country we'd move to Berkeley.

I looked in my copy of Designer Pro X and there are no Zoom widgets there either. I'll see if I can find out why this is. They are really useful and in the past I have made good use of them.

The zoom widgets are available in Designer Pro X and Web Designer MX Premium and are located within the Designs gallery, Page Elements > Photos > Photo Slideshows (widgets) folder.

Thanks

Hey, there they are! I had to print out the map and tape it nearby so I don't forget how to find them. One of the problems of living near Berkeley is that the short-term memory is the first to go.