Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Submitted a ticket a week ago and haven't heard from anyone

I submitted a ticket a week ago for someone to help me and haven't heard anything. My problem is that I installed Web Designer 6 on my computer but can't use it without the code that came with it. My wife already installed it, quite some time ago, on her computer. The only problem is that she can't find the code so that I can activate it on mine. All I wanted was to see if there was a way to retrieve it, or if someone can help me get this activated. My wife wanted me to help her with a web site, but I can't until I get this program going on my computer.

Thanks

Default Re: Submitted a ticket a week ago and haven't heard from anyone

G'day Bryan,

Xara is a small company and I'd assume they're having a christmas break with friends and family.

Can you not help your wife on the same computer that WD6 is already installed on??

You're wife can sign in to her account at xara.com and retrieve her license details from the service centre.

However, you should understand the EULA your wife has agreed to makes no provision for you to install it on your own computer and use her license.
    This would be in breach..

Xara Customer End User License Agreement

A. You are permitted to:

1.load or download the Software and use it only on a single client computer which is under your personal control (unless you have purchased a network license, contact Xara sales at www.xara.com); except that you may

2. copy the Software from one computer to another under your personal control provided it is used on only one computer at any one time and only by you. The copies must reproduce and include Xara's copyright notices;

3. make one copy of the Software for back-up purposes only in support of the permitted use. The copies must reproduce and include Xara's copyright notices;

4. transfer the Software (complete with all its associated documentation) and this license to another person provided he has agreed to accept the terms of this Agreement and you contemporaneously transfer all copies of the Software you have made to that person or destroy all copies not transferred. If any transferee does not accept such terms then this license shall automatically terminate. The transferor does not retain any rights under this Agreement in respect of the transferred Software or license.

B. You are not permitted:

1. to use the Software on any computer or system which permits electronic access to it by more than one user (unless you have purchased a network license, contact Xara sales at www.xara.com);

2. to rent, lease, sub-license, loan, copy (except as expressly provided in this Agreement), modify adapt, merge, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of the Software or its associated documentation except as permitted by law;

3. except as expressly provided in this Agreement, to use, reproduce or deal in the Software in any way.

I'm unable to work on her computer, since she does most of her computer work at the same time I am home. Besides, she is just doing it because the program is on her computer. I would, essentially, take over the design responsibilities once I get it active on here.

I would think that I would fall under the Rule 4 part of A, being that the software would basically be transferred to me (and yes I would be accepting Xara's terms, etc...

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Bryan Welcome to Talkgraphics I think you would likely be quite fine as long as you are transferring it from your wife to you. (although take note I am a volunteer and do not work for nor have any say for Xara)

Once your wife logs into her account in the service centre there is a link at the bottom of the page "For Xara Modules, the Xara Affiliate program and older Xara products, click here" that will take her to a page that will display every program and serial no. that she has purchased from Xara.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.