Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default The Xara Xone @ Christmas: member input?

Hi—

It’s been a tradition with Gary Priester’s Xara Xone stewardship for many, many Christmasses Past to put up a Year’s End Art Show, featuring submissions from TalkGraphics members.

As the new steward of The Xara Xone, I thought I’d leave it up to members how to celebrate the season and the end of another year. There have been two pieces of friction toward the end of Gary P.’s shows that suggest that members would prefer a modification or something to the show.

First, it was difficult for Gary P. to get submissions, which is natural because just before December 25th folks have other, physical things to do. Second, the submissions weren’t all uniformly of a Holiday theme. People with no time did the Good Deed and submitted drawings, but they were from the respective artists’ personal galleries and some had nothing to do with the theme, the season of the gallery.

What do you all think we should do to celebrate in an expressive, artistic, community way? I have a suggestion.

For several years Barbara and I ran a tree decorating “party” on TheBoutons.com. Because she and I are here, and not very often tending out own website, I thought, “Hey, let’s bring a blank tree over here and see what members can do to fancy it up?”

We asked for ornaments to be attached to posts, and every few days or so I’d graft submissions onto the tree, and by the week before Christmas, the tree looked grand.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009 tree.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	92933

This is just a suggestion. If you can top it, please do, but I gave this a lot of thought and drawing an ornament isn’t the sort of investment in time as doing a complete illustration or a swf animation.

Let’s hear it by November 21st. I’m all elf ears.

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 19 November 2012 at 06:03 PM.
    IP