Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dark Backgrounds

Hi yall, just downloaded the Dark Background fills from XX.com, they look great but how do I install them?
    Please help me before I cry...!

Default Re: Dark Backgrounds

Tabian--please remove the url. It goes to an explicit web site.

Take care, Mike

Hi

first extract them to a folder and place this where you want to keep it on your system [in principle this can be anywhere as long as it stays there]

then in xara fill gallery click on disc fills button and navigate to the folder - it wont find anything [no items match..] because there is no index, so click on the add button on the right of the dialog box - confirm that you want to create an index

it should now appear in the fill gallery...

Thanks for all. Sorry about posting it here

Hi Tabian—

It's okay to post in this Xara Xone area on tg when you're having a problem with a file that is located on the Xara Xone.

You followed handrawn's advice and you're all set now?

Not sure what xx.com is; can I assume you were short-handing xaraxone.com?

My Best,

Gary
    Last edited by Gare; 25 October 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Really good backgrounds this pack and I've found they are useful to get more practice with the shape tool ! and create some sort of abstract art, I find it very relaxing, a little bit of creative art

Stygg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	444.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	92818  

Hmm...

Okay!

Actually, I created them for a website, and experimented and experimented, and then decided on one, and had several left-overs, so I'm glad sharing them is inspirational, stygg!

-g

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Hmm...

Okay!

Actually, I created them for a website, and experimented and experimented, and then decided on one, and had several left-overs, so I'm glad sharing them is inspirational, stygg!

-g
    They are great backgrounds Gary but they have so many curved shapes on them I could'nt resist not practicing the shape tool on them swapping from L to C as asked to practice in this months tut. I'm also looking forward to the photograpy tut. you implied with adding light and shadow, and if I may be so bold, perhaps some more on perspective, I know we have touched on this but I had in mind more on perspective setting up so to speak. I have attempted a little on this subject so have uploaded in what I had in mind. I know there is Sketch for this sort of thing but wondered if there was more you could do using Xara?

Stygg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Lighting and perspective in future tutes

Hi stygg—

To do justice to an area of drawing—lighting and shadows for example—is going to require that I keep it focused, tight, straight to the point. Which is why I can't promise anything on perspective.

By the way, your perspective studies are quite nice. What you're working with is called an isometric perspective, sometimes not called perspective at all because it's a view that is unlike anything a lens can capture, an eyeball or a camera lens. It gives equal emphasis to the visible angles of an object. I did this illustration for a CorelDRAW book; on one hand, the isometric view provides accurate object detail, while the object at right is incredibly distorted yet more photorealistic than the isometric view because in life, and object exhibits a vanishing point, the point at which the projected lines of an object's perspective converge way off in a presumed distance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perspective.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	92822

Perspective could definitely be a subject on its own in future videos. And this is getting way off-topic. Open a thread about November's tute if you like!

My Best,

Gar

If I recall correctly, isometric drawings are directly measurable on all sides as apposed to perspective drawings which are not.
    Bye the way stygg, nice drawings.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.