Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Extra licence for client

Quote Originally Posted by mikerawlinson View Post
    Ha ha ha ....I'm pleased it did the same for you Paul.... thought i was going mad .... I tried a few times and had to wait 20 secs to do each search.... I know its been discussed before so I was amased it never showed up.
    vbulletin search is notoriously rubbish.

For future searches of the forum, use the google site search.

Type this into google's search box;

CMS site:talkgraphics.com

Default Re: Extra licence for client

We go about it by telling the client that they have the following options;

1. We do the site (xara) and they pay as and when they need changes
    2. As one except they pay a monthly management fee (paid yearly in advance)

3. If they absolutely insist on doing the changes themselves then we do a wordpress site (they have to pay more)

For wordpress we still make money because we only allow them to make smaller changes to the site by giving them the role of 'editor' and keep administrator privileges to ourselves; this has two benefits, firstly we can make major changes such as backgrounds, extra pages, menu styles etc and get paid accordingly and secondly because we do not give them access to options like appearance settings; themes general settings, access to php files etc. which means that they cannot bugger up the site, most like this idea as they want it kept simple and don't want to mess the site up and the rest agree once we tell them that if they mess up the framework of the site we will charge them double, one for deleting all the files and database and two for reinstalling the whole site again.

There are a number of plugins to allow you to restrict certain options for editors.

I would not even attempt to give the client access to the xara files unless it is agreed in advance and charged for accordingly.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk