Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showing Layers

Default Showing Layers

Good evening, at least it's evening here. This shows as my first post but I'm not new to Xara products, I've used every version between Webster up to 7. Currently I use XPGD7. My Problem: I like being able to see my layers all the time but I have to toggle layer visibility on and off every time I start XPGD7. Is there a way I can set anything so that they're visible all the time like in V5? I know a lot can be done via registry tweaks.

By the way, Frances I've followed all of your tutorials on youtube and have found all of them interesting.
    And Gare, I've followed all of yours too, you're as nutty as a fruitcake (in a good sort of way) and I've enjoyed all of yours too.

Default Re: Showing Layers

Welcome to TalkGraphics George

I'll let one of the other users answer this post.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello George, Welcome to Talkgraphics

I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. I'm using Designer Pro X but I think this is the same in P&GD you can show all objects visible by clicking the icon on the top right of the page & layer gallery that looks like a stack of eyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Yes, I knew about the eyes but i still have to right click 'Show layer level' every time I start P&GD. It would be good if I could turn layers on by default every time I start P&GD. If it's not possible then it isn't and I'll work with it.

Hi George, Welcome to TalkGraphics.

I'm not aware of a registry entry that will expand the Page and Layer gallery when the program starts.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi all, at the risk of yet again (sigh) showing my noob ignorance, could someone provide links to the above mentioned (Frances and Gare) youtube tutorials?

As usual per my observations, I'm impressed with the level of response moderators and users give to questions here. Simply awesome.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi RadioHawk, don't worry about being a beginner, we were all beginners once and asking questions is how you learn You can find Gare's tutorials and much more at xaraxone.com and my tutorials can all be found on my youtube channel the link is also in my signature.

Another great source for video and written tutorials is the Tutorials & Movies page at Xara.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

You may also find some interesting tutorials in this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...-Xara-Programs

Uh-Oh... gonna be glued to the monitor for a while... Thanks much Angelize, and Boy - yet another confirmation of just how remarkable this forum, and it's users-moderators, are.

I can see I'll be spending way too much time here :0, and maybe get some ed u ma k shun.

thanks again!!
    Mark

You can keep the Layer and Page Gallery open all the time by pushing the little pushpin in the upper right corner of the gallery once it is unfolded. (If you hover over it it will show a pop-up with the text "auto hide") If you want to keep it open the pushpin should be in upright position. You can even drag it from the border of the window and drag and size it to a place where it won't be in the way.

Hope this helps.