Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro X Export to PDF

I noticed that when exporting a trifold to PDF, that a transparent PNG file contained in the design, actually has an opaque background, not transparent. I have used Commercial Printing as the export mode and played a little with custom settings.

Would anyone have had a similar experience and be able to advise?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

Default Re: Designer Pro X Export to PDF

Can you give us more detail or maybe a screen shot or the actual file if it is not too big.

I just tried this with Designer Pro X with two bitmaps, one over the other with Bleach transparency applied to the top bitmap and it exported fine.

Hi and thanks very much for the response.

I have the file online. Is it ok to post the link here direct to the file, or should it be PM'd?

Thanks again,

Steve...

OK to post a link.

But it would help to see a screen shot of the bitmap where the background is not transparent when it should be so we can know what we should be looking for.

What PDF setting did you use? And did you try a few different ones?

Thanks once again for the assistance. It was commercial printing setting, and I did play around with the advanced settings a little. I suspect that it may be the way that I treated teh image. Initially JPG adn traced in DPX, then exported full color + alpha. There may be something along the way I've missed. I've been using XARA for several versions, and I can't remember this happening.

This is the XAR file.

This is the PDF OUtput file.

Thanks,

Steve.

Oh sorry, the bitmap screenshot
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRiScreenShot.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	92903

I had a shot at this yesterday but did not have enough time to look at it properly and the same goes for today. I all ways got the same effect as your self even when I made a bitmap copy of the .png. Again as I said I am quite busy so you might try a few other workarounds:
    1. Copy background and the .png file in a new doc - Lock the background and save as .gif
    2. If the object was done in PS, try the marching ants and erase the 4 triangular shapes, then import it back in
    3. The worst way! If you have have installed the plugins in Live Effects use Mehdi - Classic Eraser to get rid of the four areas. Might have to do this a few times

Sorry I don't have the time but I may have tomorrow. Also you might want to raise a ticket with Xara Support.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thanks to Albacore, and Gary both for taking time to respond with great advice. Actually, late last night, I figured I'd have another crack at it. So, in DPX, I used shapes to subtract the invisible areas that were showing up in the PDF, and that seems to have worked. I have no idea what I did to the PNG to cause this. I'm trying to replicate the error and I can't

Thanks again to all for reading and responding.

Steve...