Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Youtube Xara Plus filter forge video tutorial #5 Nothing but noise!

Hi everyone here is my latest Xara plus Filter Forge Tutorial. In nothing but noise You'll see how many different kinds of noise Filter Forge can bring into Xara and youlll see how to set the effect default resolutions for rendering and locking and how locking the effect makes it easy to do some interesting things!

I'm also including a Xar file that you can have a look at and you should be able to use the generated noise in that file even if you don't have Filter Forge installed!

Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Default Re: Xara Plus filter forge video tutorial #5 Nothing but noise!

Frances, I had this tutorial playing and my son heard it and it piqued his interest. Well done with this series (as well as all of them).
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Thanks Larry, it's nice to know that people are finding the videos interesting and helpful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.
    IP

Cool Re: Xara Plus filter forge video tutorial #5 Nothing but noise!

Frances another interesting & helpful tutorial, I looked at Filter Forge a while ago sort of; then I watched one of your tutorials on YouTube and I am slowly progressing from there.

Thanks for your efforts - Regards Paul Horton OZ
    IP

Hi Angelize

I have tried to install filterforge 4 in my designer pro x and followed the instructions you provided in your video Bling. However when I select the live effects tool Fx and click on 'new' I do not detect filterforge in the dropdown menu. I am working under windows 7 64 bits

I hope you can help me.

Hélène
    IP

Hi

I finally succeded because I remembered in another topic that some actions need to be run as administrator. I subsequently managed to apply a filter to a shape but I could not ´lock´ the effect (thereby preventing Xara to redraw). Any tips on that?

Hélène
    IP

Hélène my question to you is where and how did you install it. Since you have X10 it should be installed in the Xara Photo Editor/PS plugins. You should probably have a stand alone also somewhere. Mine is on my desktop. Actually I have Photoshop installed also but don't use it (well sometimes I try to use it as an image editor), so I installed it there and in Xara live effects setup I added the install location and everything works great. For a long time I didn't think the lock had any effect but it did, now I can tell if the effect is locked or not. It still gives me trouble in Xara though but only because it's made for Photoshop and Xara has issues with it or vice versa.
    But it works as it should it's just the two are not really compatable.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Hi Wizard

I have my filterforge plugin installed as is shown in Angelizes video. I.e. I go to page options, select the effect and plugin tab, check the box enable host, select the tab add folder, select the plugin folder in Filterforge and click on OK. At first FF did not show up in the dropdown menu. When I repeated my installing the plug in as administrator the FF plug in showed up in the dropdown menu, all being almost at the bottom of the list of effects. I also have FF as a stand alone. All my programmes are in my programmes folder. FF is however in the folder programmes 86.

When I sent in my crashreport to FF their answer was: unfortunately Filterforge does not work as a plug in under Xara' they referred me to their list of programmes that did work with FF (Xara was not included) and added that FF could work as a stand alone.

However, sheer perseverance or downright stupidity, did get me a bit further. I managed to create some filtereffect doing all the exciting stuff Angelize did in her video 'some noise' like setting up control handles and directing arrows to various boxes. The effects subsequently showed on my Xara shape. I could even use the fotoenhance tool and manipulate the shape even more.

Forget to mention that I first deinstalled Xara and installed it again.

Btw
    I am doing my due dilligence by working my way through the invaluable workbooks and revisiting the several videos over snd over again that begin to make more sense after having worked my way through the workbooks.

Hélène
    IP