Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Error message -disk full

Using web designer 6 still, I am getting error message "disk full -please upload later" when trying to upload changes to my site. My disk is not full and I do not think my host capacity is exceeded, so what does it mean? I have had it before and have succeded in uploading later, but this time the message has lasted about 24 hours. Any help welcome

Default Re: Error message -disk full

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Have you checked with your web hosting company to see if maybe you have exceeded your alloted space? It does not sound likely but it's worth a try.

Also, can you access your site using an FTP application such as Filezilla? If you can connect to your site, can you upload your files this way?

thanks for welcome and swift response. I am using very little of my host space to my amazement, despite my many pages and pictures, but trying to send a file using filezilla generates the disk full error, so I must talk to my hosting company in the morning.

With shared hosting, sometimes hosts put too many clients onto the same disc volume, so that collectively they have filled up the available disc space. I'm guessing that your host has created the problem, not anything that you or Xara have done.