Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Shopping Cart options

Hi, noob, so forgive me if this is old hat to some of you.

Are there any "built in" options for adding a shopping cart to a Xara built website? If so, does it integrate with PayPal?

Currently using Designer 7 Premium, would it help to upgrade to MX for this?

Thanks for any help offered

Radiohawk,

Uneducated Idiot in an Educated world

Default Re: Shopping Cart options

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I suspect the truth is closer to educated idiot in a clueless world.

The is a PayPal widget included in the Design Gallery in the Widgets folder.

If you have a PayPal account then you can configure the widgets as you need.

well that "educated idiot" part... depends on who you ask, (spouses are banned here, right?)

I found a few store widgets in the design gallery, which leads me to a whole new series of questions, but in the interest of brevity I keep running into similar issues with Xara, mainly, when I create a website for a client I have to figure out how to allow them to update info without tipping my hand so to speak on where there site was created. Same issue here... if you were to create a shopping cart for them, how would you accomplish allowing them to be capable of updating/editing their items for sale and payment info?

By the way, thanks very much for your help... I do appreciate it.

I would say the best cart to go for in this situation would be ecwid, it allows you to create 'hot spots' in xara designed sites which display the cart and all associated parts and content such as the shopping basket, logins etc and the client can make all changes (adding new categories or products) to the cart within the ecwid control panel on the ecwid site and the changes are reflected instantly in the website, the benefit of this is that they do not or can not make any changes to the site and it can be your little secret.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

A member of the TalkGraphics community, xtom has a solution that both integrates shopping cart solutions and CMS which lets another user edit and update information on a Xara created site. Go here http://www.xt-cms.com/