Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Form Build in Web Designer

I'm thinking of using Xara Web Designer MX (v8) - Not purchased yet. Does it have a formbuilder in it? If not can Jot Form be used to paste into WebDesigner??

Default Re: Form Build in Web Designer

There is no built in form builder but there are a lot of form building widgets including JotForm, which I use and like a lot.

+1 on jotform, the best by far and free
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

I have a JotForm set, but when I do the insert all I get is HTTP is not available on the site or on the clipboard. So, basically I'm not getting anywhere. Any ideas?
    Thanks, Giddyup
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Use a simple send e-mail link?

The one problem I have with JotForm is they make it hard to edit an existing form. Otherwise I would ask for you to post a .web document with the form in place.

I did get the form to show on the page, but with the number of lines I have makes it way too long for the area I'm filling, and when I line-up to the left it really doesn't like that because it displays too far to the right for a margin. Just for the heck of it I resized in XaraX, but as you might expect it covered some of the lines I have, and I don't see a way to make everything smaller.
    Giddyup

You can specify a form width. And I stand corrected on my comment about not being able to edit.

You need to register with JotForm and then when you create a form, and log in to your account, the form is available at the bottom of the JotForm window. But you do have to log in each time which I suspect is due to the fact the widget is based on the website.

If you want your form to be smaller, then try eliminating some of the content.

Traceyt, I use the form builder from here:http://phpfmg.sourceforge.net/ which allows you to build quite comprehensive forms for insertion into a place holder in xara(free!). The whole form is resident on your site and you just have to paste in the html and link to the files that you download from them. If the form needs editing, simple just build another one. Any length problems are solved by the place holder automatically producing scroll bars

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can specify a form width. And I stand corrected on my comment about not being able to edit.

You need to register with JotForm and then when you create a form, and log in to your account, the form is available at the bottom of the JotForm window. But you do have to log in each time which I suspect is due to the fact the widget is based on the website.

If you want your form to be smaller, then try eliminating some of the content.
    I've performed everything, and the form appears in XaraX, but doesn't show online. All I see is Markup Language in the upper left hand corner of the background. It won't go away. I've even put it in Line vew to make sure I didn't miss something when I deleted. I hope that doesn't mean I have to delete the file on JotForm and start again. Their Chat is a joke. It drops off and on, and of course they'll tell you it's your computer or outlet, but it's the only site doing that to me.
    Giddyup

I'm tellin' you I must be a slow learner..whew. I finally got the form I wanted into the page, after much ado. It fits, it works and I'm a happy camper. In the process I tried the PHP from SourceForge, but all I managed to do was screw up my online page so badly..grr..I spent a good 10 mins Control Z-ing to recover the page. I have finally straightened it out, albeit not to my total satisfaction, but something I can live with until I learn (read & study) more. The Source Forge form is a lot tighter than the Widgets in XaraX, but again it's with the PHP where I messed up the entire page. Lordy, these brick walls are hard to get by sometimes. Thanks for your previous input, and patience with me.
    Giddyup