Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default BUG - stretched bitmaps failing to appear in exports

Hi

I cant get this to render correctly in exports to GIF, PNG, JPEG format.
    It consists of a fairly large stretched bitmap.
    Page size is large (A0).
    Strangely if I copy the graphic and UN-stretch it I start to be able to render it again.

Any thoughts?

J
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: BUG - stretched bitmaps failing to appear in exports

I suppose XDP (I am using ver.8) simply cannot cope with an image with an effective DPI of 1 (One).

Mike

Is this just a version of the upper one?

If so, make a bitmap copy. Create it at 300 dpi. Once stretched to the size of the lower one, it has an effective PPI of 9 DPI. This one will output. But...it is still really, really a poor practice to do this in this manner.

Take care, Mike

What is the purpose of stretching the bitmap?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Is this just a version of the upper one?

If so, make a bitmap copy. Create it at 300 dpi. Once stretched to the size of the lower one, it has an effective PPI of 9 DPI. This one will output. But...it is still really, really a poor practice to do this in this manner.
    Yes like I say the top one was a simple copy of the bottom one, except it has been un-stretched.

Sorry I dont understand your steps - but it's not important. There are probably many ways to rebuild the background - e.g. using shapes. Or multiple duplicates. etc etc
    But I say this is all a fiddle! If Xara cant export something like a stretched image then please dont allow us to stretch it that far inside the Xara document. Otherwise what we have is "a bug" plain and simple.

To get clear on the purpose, I am building a visual of a website page. In the visual the page height has increased dramatically due to it now including increased content (a report). So I wanted to go stretch the background so as to visualise the increased page height.

You can use the 'Blend tool' instead of stretching the clipped bitmap.

See attached.

shiphen,

It isn't a bug. You are trying to do something in a way that will not work is all. Sledger's method works well (blending two copies of the upper image together. But I would make a bitmap copy of the upper one first. Else all that data from your screen capture will still be inside all those clipped copies.

To make a bitmap copy, select the upper clipped image. Down towards the bottom of the context menu is Create a bitmap copy.

You can then make a copy of whatever DPI like I suggested, or use the copy to do the blended version that sledger suggests. You can also use the copy to tile it inside a rectangle.

These are ways to make what you want to happen work.

Take care, Mike

heres a file for you - except I used 600dpi [not 300dpi] for the copy, which then stretched to 18dpi

a pen will only write so far until it runs out of ink; not a bug, a fact - same with dpi

you could argue that the screen rendering in the program is incorrect in this case, but that is a whole different issue
    Last edited by handrawn; 24 October 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: add attachment